Almost everyone feels a need to do something great and important in their life. Deep down in our hearts we all want to be something special and this exact need sometimes triggers a great and important idea in peoples minds that other will benefit from it. It usualy takes a lot of work, it depends on the idea.
Anyways, I don't want preach here about hard work and great ideas. I want to mention something, that helps people to do all the hard work and go through the troubles and problems. For people to be able to do that, they need someting to inspire them, to motivate them, give them the strength and motivation to reach the goal. You can find a lot of things that inspire us and everybody has something else that inspires them, like family or friends.
I look for inspiration sometimes in stuff I read and the other day I came across some sports quotes, and I was very happy I red them. You can actualy learn some life wisdom from those quotes, and most deffintly you can use them for inspiration. When I stopped reading I actualy felt different, better. It made me want to do something good.
I wanted to share with you some of those sports quotes with you today, that realy makes you to think and see things from the other point of view.
My top sports quotes:
- If only Hitler and Mussolini could have a good game of bowls once a week at Geneva, I feel that Europe would not be as troubled as it is. ~R.G. Briscow
- We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. ~Vince Lombardi
- The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle. ~Author Unknown
- The more I practice, the luckier I get. ~Jerry Barber, about golf
- If you make every game a life-and-death thing, you're going to have problems. You'll be dead a lot. ~Dean Smith
- Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war. ~Al McGuire
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head. ~Emil Zatopek
- Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit. ~Author Unknown
Losers quit when they're tired. Winners quit when they've won. ~Author Unknown
- The finish line is sometimes merely the symbol of victory. All sorts of personal triumphs take place before that point, and the outcome of the race may actually be decided long before the end. ~Laurence Malone
- Finish last in your league and they call you Idiot. Finish last in medical school and they call you Doctor. ~Abe Lemons
- Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
- Success is about having, excellence is about being. Success is about having money and fame, but excellence is being the best you can be.
- The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing it exactly right.
- When someone tells me the is only one way to do things, it always lights a fire under my butt. My instant reaction is, I'm gonna prove you wrong. -Picabo Street
- Sport is where an entire life can be compressed into a few hours, where the emotions of a lifetime can be felt on an acre or two of ground, where a person can suffer and die and rise again on six miles of trails through a New York City park. Sport is a theater where sinner can turn saint and a common man become an uncommon hero, where the past and the future can fuse with the present. Sport is singularly able to give us peak experiences where we feel completely one with the world and transcend all conflicts as we finally become our own potential. ~George A. Sheehan
I really hope you'll find some great inspiration and motivation in these sports quotes. What is your favourite quote? Mine is the last one.