Summer is coming up and what better way to spend time with your family than taking a vacation and drive to your favorite locations. You might be thinking, what about the gas prices? We all know the prices have escalated and according to the experts, they are expected to go even higher. Don’t let higher prices get the best of your summer and keep you home, save on gas by driving an affordable car that will save you a considerable amount of money every year.
The cars that
1) Toyota Prius. 51 miles in the city and 48 miles on a highway (50 combined). It has a 1.8-liter, with 4-Cylinder engine and 134 hp, and goes from 0 to 60 mph in 9.8 seconds. Even though it’s a small sedan, it’s spacious enough inside to fit 5 people comfortably. It’s also one of the most demanded cars in the market and with good reason. Besides, you can find it in almost all Toyota dealers.
2) Lexus CT 200h. 43 miles in the city and 40 miles on a highway (42 combined). This car is a small model with good fuel consumption easy to achieve in mixed driving. It is also the least expensive Lexus, but it still has the luxurious feel that you would expect from the brand.
3) Honda Civic Hybrid and Honda Insight. Both cars give you 40 miles in the city and 43 miles on a highway (41 combined). The Honda Hybrid is very spacious and with more room for luggage. In addition, it’s very functional and with great styling. On the other hand, the Insight is more affordable, with less hp but still with same fuel mileage.
4) Ford Fusion Hybrid and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Both cars yield 41 miles in the city and 36 miles on a highway (39 combined). They both have a powerful engine of 191 hp; the Fusion is more affordable while the Lincoln is more luxurious and stylish.
5) Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and Honda CR-Z. The Sonata gives you 35 miles in the city and 39 miles on a highway (37 combined). This model is a full sedan, very spacious and again, with great gas mileage. Also in fifth place, the Honda CR-Z with the same mileage per gallon as the Hyundai Sonata with the difference that it only seats two people and it is overall, a more spor
6) Smart for Two. This car yields 33 miles in the city and 41 miles on a highway (36 combined). This is not a hybrid but a conventionally powered gasoline car, it’s spacious for two people and can hold a lot of cargo. Besides this great features, it’s incredibly easy to park (it fits almost everywhere) and it’s outfitted with security equipment.
7) Volkswagen Jetta TDI and Golf TDI. Both cars give you 30 miles in the city and 42 miles on a highway (34 combined). They both run on diesel and their prices are very similar so basically you can choose the one that fits your style the most.
8) Hyundai Elantra and the Ford Fiesta. Both cars are affordable sedans with plenty of space. They give you a fuel mileage of 29 miles in the city and 40 miles on a highway (33 combined). The other advantage of these two models, they are very inexpensive.
9) Nissan Altima Hybrid. This car yields 33 miles in the city and 33 miles on a highway (33 combined). This is a mid-size sedan with a more powerful engine than the previous two models and the reason we placed it ninth is because it has a higher price.
10) Ford Escape Hybrid. This car yields 34 miles in the city and 31 miles on a highway (32 combined). This vehicle is actually the most fuel efficient SUV in the world. It has a gas mileage that most regular sedans could envy and functionality that allows it to be used for heavy duty jobs.
And there you have it, a list that summarizes the cars with better mileage for 2011. As mentioned before, these are not the best cars in the world but they are really great options when looking to save money on gas and still enjoying the ride. Happy driving!