Top 10 Fastest Cars 2011-2012
1. Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4- The fastest road-legal porduction model in the world currently. The car has a top speed of 268 mph. The car goes from 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. The car is produced from an Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 Liter W16 Engine with 1200 hp, and the base price is $2,400,000. The transmission is 7-speed DSG sequential and the car also has a 2-door coupé body style.
Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4
2. Hennessey Venom GT- A sports car with a top speed of 260 mph. The car goes from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. It has a coupé body style and has a 6.2-liter LS9 Turbocharged V8 Twin Turbo V8 Engine producing 1200 hp, has a price tag of $950,000.
Hennessey Venom GT
3. Koenigsegg Agera R- A mid-engined supercar with a standard 5.0-liter V8 Twin-Turbocharged 940 PS and has a 2-dor Targa top body style. The Agera has a body which is made from pre-impregnated carbon fiber/kevlar with lightweight reinforcements and a hardtop roof. The base price is $1,600,000. Has a top speed of 260 mph and goes from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.
Koenigsegg Agera R
4. SSC Ultimate Aero- Built by Shelby SuperCars, this car is an American-built mid-engine supercar. The car has a body style of a 2-seat Berlinetta and contains a Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp. The base price of this car drops dramatically from the Koenigsegg Agera R to a base price of $654,400. This car has a top speed of 257 mph and starts up 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.
SSC Ultimate Aero
5. Saleen S7- A limited-production, hand-built, high-performance American supercar. The engine contains a Twin Turbo All Aluminum naturally aspirated V8 Engine with 750 hp. The base price is $555,000. It has a body style of a 2-door coupé. It has a top speed of 248 mph and goes from 248 mph, 0-60 in 2.8 secs.
Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
6. Koenigsegg CCX- This Sweden-made car is a mid-engined roadster. Under the hood it contains a 4.7-liter Twin-SuperCharged V8 engine. The 2 door roadster has a removable roof can be stored under the front trunk. It has a top speed of 245 mph and a start-up speed of 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. $545,568 is the kind of money it would take to obtain this car.
7. McLaren F1- The F1 was the first production car to use a carbon-fibre monocoque chassis. The engine is a BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 Engine with 627 hp. The bat-winged car doors are beyond awesome and the base price increases to $970,000 for this car. Top speed 240 mph, with a start speed of 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.
8. Gumpert Apollo- German produced and one of the first cars to become street legal at this speed and ready to hop on the track. The 4.2 liter V8 Engine houses 650 hp.The Gumpert Apollo used the Leipzig-Altenburg Airport as a test track. Base price: $450,000. The 224 mph top speed decreases quite a bit from the #7 car yet a faster 60 second clock time of 3.0 seconds.
9. Noble M600- It will compete in the same category as the Ferrari F430 and have a Volvo twin-turbocharged V8 engine producing 650 hp, a carbon fibre body shell, and a 6-speed gear box. The base price is $330,000 which is a more modest price for this car in the Top Ten list. Only 1 mph slower than the Gumper Apolla by testing at 223 mph and 0-60 in 3.7 seconds but 2/3 the price.
10. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster- The Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster ties in at 10th place with a few other cars but I personally picked this one because of the exterior and looks. It ties into 10th place at 217 mph and doing 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Contains Twin turbocharged AMG V12 engine that produces 678 hp. Base price is $1,850,000. The Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster is a limited-edition, with five ever produced. It is the quintessential exotic and exclusive supercar which is a lot more expensive but well worth it if you just look at it.