White teeth are rated the #1 thing adults wish they could change about their appearance! It's no wonder then that people try everything they can to get whiter teeth. They instantly brighten up your face and give you a bright, beautiful smile. Straight, white teeth are actually among the most important assets thousands of singles say they want when asked about a prospective mate. People everywhere struggle with discoloration of their teeth. This is attributed to such things as coffee, tea, smoking, and even some foods. But there are so many teeth whiteners on the market, with such a huge range in price. So do you have to break the bank to get a whiter smile? To my surprise, the top three teeth whiteners were all under $50.
1. Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening System
This was the top whitener reviewed with a 9.2 rating out of 10! This one surprised me because they are nearly one of the cheapest whitestrips out there at only $10.99. People not only like this one for the price but also because they're gentle on teeth, comfortable, and work fast. This kit comes with a pre-whitening rinse and a gel-filled mouth tray. The directions say to use this for five minutes a day but many people feel they noticed an extreme difference by wearing it 15 minutes a day.
2. Crest 3D White Whitestrips - Advanced Vivid
It's no wonder Crest Whitestrips are on the list. These whitestrips came in at #2 with a 9.0 rating out of 10. People loved how easy these strips were to put and keep in place. They also liked that there was no mess or gunk left on their teeth. Everyone found these to be very whitening every time. These whitestrips come in at $42.99. Wear these once a day for 30 minutes and in 12 days you will be smiling your way to bright, white teeth.
3. Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
This is the third best teeth whitener and a Pinterest hit! And good news is it's less than $2 to buy at any grocery store! Hydrogen peroxide bleaches the teeth and baking soda polishes them. This will really help to remove stains on your teeth and make them appear whiter and shinier.
Things to be careful of with teeth whiteners:
- I'm sure you've heard the expression "beauty is pain". Sadly, this can be true. In a study of 100 people using teeth whiteners, half experienced mild to moderate sensitivity and 25 of them reported pain. So if you experience such pain, give your teeth a break for at least a couple days.
- In addition to tooth sensitivity, dentists report that there can be other side effects including gum irritation, bluish enamel, uneven whiteness, and sometimes even pain if the whitener gets into a cracked tooth or filling. Most of these effects clear up within just a couple days or weeks of stopping use, though.
As long as you're realistic of the results and don't ignore your body's signals that it may have had enough, teeth whitening is very safe when used in moderation.
If you're not ready to give teeth whitening a try, here are some tips and tricks to avoid getting yellow teeth in the first place that cost next to nothing. They include:
- Floss your teeth. This prevents food and plaque build up.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda or use a toothpaste that includes baking soda. This will make your teeth look brighter and shinier.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day but preferably after every meal. This also prevents an accumulation of plaque, a main reason for teeth getting yellow.
- For a natural remedy to whiten teeth use a mixture of dried bay leaves and orange peels and brush this on your teeth. This has been proven to whiten teeth slowly but surely.
So whether you decide to give teeth whitening a try, or go for a more natural approach, I am sure you will enjoy the look of your new smile without breaking the bank. Enjoy your new pearly whites!
Amazon Price: $27.99 $12.99 Buy Now
(price as of Jan 5, 2016)