With winter approaching, many of us will soon suffer from cough and cold or even worse Flu. Based on studies, an average adult catches cold twice a year. Many times we catch cold from other people. Flu and cold are very contagious. The virus travels through liquid droplets so one should always cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. Using tissues is better instead of handkerchiefs as the virus can travel from the latter too. Here are some suggestions to get relief from cold, cough, flu, sore throat from home remedies.
Symptom of cold and Flu:-
- Body pain
- stuff nose or running nose
- Pain in joints and fatigues
- Low or mild fever
- Sore throat, a change in voice is also possible
- eyes watering
- In case of Flu, the fever is high.
- A hot glass of milk with 1/4 spoon of turmeric gives relief from cold. Consume this before going to bed at night.
- The famous chicken soup is a must during such conditions.
- Ginger tea has antiviral properties. Drink it to get rid of cold and headache.
- Garlic is one of the best immune boosters. Include them in your recipes.
- One of the effective home remedies to get rid of flu is steam inhalation. You can add menthol oil or eucalyptus oil. You will find that you can breathe easily after this treatment.
- Do not stay dehydrated, drink lots of water. In this way you wont feel nauseated much. Say no to alcohol and smoking during this time.
- Herbal tea with honey is a great drink for sore throat.
- Do not stress your body. Do not exercise when you have flu.
- Gargle with saline water( 8 ounce of warm water and 1/2 tsp of salt). You can use nasal strip if you want.
- Gargle with one drop of lemon juice and tea tree oil. This will give relief from sore throat.
- Add chilli in your food. It will open nasal passage and can help in breathing openly. Chili and garlic have natural antioxidant effect.
- Funny it may sound but blow your nose often.
- Take a steamy shower. Keep all the doors, windows closed while bathing. If you are feeling very weak, then take a sponge bath. You can add ten or fifteen drops of tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil as it will help in strengthening of your immune system.
- Onion is a substitute of garlic, however I feel that garlic is better because it has anti bacterial properties and helps our immune system in fighting the infections.
- Prepare a drink by boiling 5 basil leaves, 2 black cardamom, 5 chili pepper and 1 piece of cinnamon in 2 glass of water. Reduce the measure in half. This drink has 100% been successful in my case.
- Mix lemon and honey in equal proportion and have it twice a day.
- Apply Vick's vapor rub on feet.
- Avoid fried food. Do not eat or drink anything cold.
- Last but not least. Take rest. Do not stress yourself.