Every people have varying skin types. There are those with oily skin, dry skin and the combination skin types. Those with oily and dry skin types remain as is despite extreme weather changes. Those with combination skin types change from oily to dry during cold weather. The reason for this is that cool air makes the skin dry and flaky. Combination skin types usually have oily and dry skin spread out across their face. Treatments for combination skin are frequently used to keep the skin glowing and smooth.
If you want to maintain your skin's softness and suppleness, stick to these tips to care for your combination skin.
- Cleanse your skin before proceeding to any of your beauty regimen. Use a cream based cleanser. A facial wash should be used on your forehead and nose too. This is done because these are the areas that are prone to pimples since they are the oiliest. Aside from those tow beauty products, you can use homemade products to cleanse your skin. To do a cleansing product at home, combine besan and water until a paste is formed. Apply the paste on your T-zone. Leave it on your skin until it dries up. Gently rinse off with warm water. Apply a little moisturizer to skin after cleansing.
- Tone every after cleansing your skin. This practice will remove the makeup and the dirt, and refresh your face. Make your own toner at home by combining egg white, fuller's earth and malai. Put this mixture on your face and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse off. Apply the mixture to your face twice a week to reveal a healthy, glowing skin.
- Moisturize two times a day. This keeps the skin's moisture. For those with oily skin, use an oil-free moisturizer. Be sure to wash the moisturizer off your skin about 30 minutes before going to sleep. This will give your skin ample time to absorb the moisturizer and let your skin breathe. Do you want to know how to make your own moisturizer? Just mix lemon juice with a teaspoon of honey. Let it sit on your face for about 10 minutes. Rinse off.
- Make exfoliation a habit. Dead skin cells are shed off about every 4 weeks. Exfoliate to remove these dead skin cells and get a fresh layer or skin. Doing this will eventually improve your skin. However, don't exfoliate too much or scrub too much. The skin becomes more sensitive as we age so if you are already 40, once every two weeks is enough.
- Never stay out under the sun without applying your sunscreen. Apart from wrinkled skin, you are prone to get skin cancer with this. Use a lotion with at least SPF 40.
Treatment for combination skin can be easily made and found at home. Follow the tips in this post and create your own homemade beauty products. Yes, there are many other products sold at stores. But why buy if you can make them on your own? Care for your combination skin with these natural treatments.