Most men have a daily routine they follow to ensure they are well-groomed, presentable and appealing to others. It is expected that everyone knows the requirements of personal hygiene, but reviewing the basics, is a good idea. Grooming is more than just understanding how to choose the right anti-perspirant and deodorant, even though that is important.
Important Hygiene Habits
Everybody is different, and this means for some men, there are special areas of focus to maintain regular cleanliness. Following are daily routines that may need more attention:
• Maintain good oral hygiene through regular flossing and brushing with a proper toothbrush and for the recommended amount of time, as well as regular dental check-ups to avoid potential mouth odor problems
• Shower at least every other day, including washing hair washing as needed to prevent a greasy look
• Remember that washing your feet means more than just standing in soapy water; scrub between the toes
• Careful toilet hygiene is critical
• Pay attention to neatness of your hair, including nose and ear hair, often best looked after by the barber<?p>
• Keep your nails well-trimmed and clean
• Be sure your clothes are clean and appropriate to what you have planned for the day
• Use colognes sparingly, and make informed decisions about using an antiperspirant and deodorant
Make time in your day for all these routines for good hygiene. Once they become habits, you won't think twice about doing them.
After Your Gym Workout
If your lifestyle includes gym workouts, remember that hygiene and exercise go hand-in-hand. To maintain a fresh appeal, especially after a strenuous workout, be sure to pay attention to personal hygiene. If you are not able to shower immediately after a workout, use wet wipes and a clean towel to ride yourself of sweat, before donning clean clothes.
Of course you are concerned about sweat after a good workout, and you are also aware of potential problems from sweat that can occur during a normal day. While sweat itself is almost odorless, when bacteria start feeding on the sweat an odor is produced. Before choosing a deodorant, make certain you understand the purpose of the following common hygiene products:
• Antiperspirants are designed to reduce the production of sweat and in this way reduce odor problems
• Deodorants on the other hand are designed to prevent bacterial growth or to react with odor molecules to reduce odor
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing what approach you take to control underarm sweat:
• If you sweat considerably, try an antiperspirant to help reduce the amount produced
• A spray deodorant works best if you have long armpit hair
• Be sure to check that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in the product
• Make sure you like the smell of a scented deodorant or antiperspirant, and even more importantly be sure to check the ingredient list to make certain the product is not just a cheap perfume that is used to cover odor
• If you have sensitive skin or are concerned about potential health effects of ingredients, you make want to research the possible effects of commonly used components like alum salts or antibacterial agents like alcohol or Triclosan
Using these tips on how to select perspiration will guide you in your selection of anti-perspirant and deodorant products to enhance and maintain your daily personal hygiene regimen. You may even find that you want to use both types of products and select the one to use depending on your activities for the day.