Great Tips For Using Feedburner
While most major blogging tools generate a standard RSS feed for your blog, your feed can be influenced beyond the pre set functions. The feed management tools provides various options to enrich your content. Use the monetization tool or advertise your feed to grow your audience base.
One of the most popular feed management tools available is known as FeedBurner. This easy to use tool works with your existing RSS feed by doing the following:
- Include an email subscription form on your blog so readers can easily subscribe to your content.
- See what links your subscribers are clicking on from each blog post.
- Display the number of subscribers to your feed on your website or blog. There are various arguments about whether or not displaying your subscribers if good promotion. Find what works for you and stick with it.
- Customize titles and descriptions of your content, thus encouraging higher click-throughs to your blog.
- Add Google AdSense to monetize your traffic. Ads relevant to your content will show up in your feed. It's easy to set up and manage.
- Easily add a link to subscribe to your blog on any social networking site.
- Allow your readers to share articles on other bookmarking sites, such as Delicious, Digg, and Stumbleupon.
- Have your feed automatically socialize through social media. Currently, Twitter is the only socialization tool available.
- When you post new content, blog aggregators such as My Yahoo!, Newsgator, Technorati, and Bloglines get notified quickly so your subscribers get fresh content.
- You can include multiple feeds on your account. If you have several websites, set them up in one place for easier monitoring.
- Change the name of your feed at any time. This makes it easy if you decide to change the title of your blog any time in the future.
- Easily transfer your feed to another account at any time. This is great if you have someone else doing your social media that leaves the company, or if you want to transfer it to your social media manager's account.
It's easy to create a Feedburner account, especially if you are already a Gmail lover. Simply log in with your existing email address. It's that easy. Once you have logged in, the setup process is super easy pain-free. If you have any problems making changes to your feed, check out the troubleshooting guide for help.
Configure your settings correctly. Make a quick run through to verify everything is ready to go. Start promoting today to improve your feed.