New hardwood floors or recently refinished ones look amazing. They are clean, shiny, and add warmth and beauty to a home. However, if you are using those floors regularly it doesnâ€™t take long for them to look grimy or dingy. There are a lot of methods you can use to avoid this, but spending hours caring for your floor isnâ€™t likely something you will want to do often. While vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors donâ€™t eliminate the need for mopping and polishing completely they will make it easier to keep your beautiful hardwood looking great and staying clean.
Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors - Why Itâ€™s a Great Investment
Vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors are amazing because they get the floor cleaner than a broom and they help keep it looking new with out all of the work that other cleaning methods require. They are also quick and easy to use and they wonâ€™t damage the floor as traditional vacuum cleaners can. All in all, they will save your time and effort while keeping your floors looking beautiful and new.
Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors - How They Work
Vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors work as other vacuums do. They suck dust, dirt, and other particles off of the floor. The major difference is that they require a great deal of suction to get all of it up without the use of a beater bar or brush that is used in carpet vacuums. They are also designed to roll over your hardwood floors without causing damage.
They help keep your flooring looking great by getting it cleaner than a broom or even a carpet vacuum. They reduce the time it takes for general cleaning as well. You will still need to mop the floors fairly regularly and make sure you use wood finish appropriate polishes and products, but you shouldnâ€™t have to do it as often as long as you are using a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors regularly depending on use. Often daily or every other day is a good schedule for keeping your hardwood floors looking really clean.
Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors - Choosing One For You
When choosing among vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors there are several things to consider to find the right one for you.
- Weight. It is important to choose a lightweight vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floors.
- Maneuverability. You want an easy to maneuver cleaner for your floors. There are several options for wood floor vacuums. They include stick or broom types as well as canister vacs that haul a large canister around. You want to consider the size of the space that you have before choosing a vacuum.
- Power. You want at least a 10 amp motor so that it can get all the dust and clean between the floor boards.
Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors - The Cost
As with many things it is a good idea to spend more money rather than buying the cheapest option. You can find small vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors for as little as $70. However, it is likely that you will get what you pay for and you probably wonâ€™t be happy with the purchase. A good vacuum cleaner for your wood floors is likely to cost at least $200 and maybe even as much as $300, but you are much more likely to buy a product that you really like. You are also likely to have a product that will last and that you will enjoy using often.
Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood Floors - Is It Really Worth It?
If you are going to spend a couple hundred dollars on a vacuum cleaner just for your hardwood floors you want to make sure that it is really worth it. Here are a few things to consider before you spend the money.
- How much wood flooring do you have? If you have a very small space that has hardwood floors such as a dining room or office then you might not want to spend so much on an item to clean it. It will be easier to clean by hand and in the end it isnâ€™t going to be worth the expense. On the other hand, if a large portion of your home has hardwood floors then it will definitely be worth the expense.
- Will you really use it. While you should vacuum your hardwood floors regularly if it isnâ€™t something you are likely to do then the expense isnâ€™t really worth it. However, if you love how it looks clean and shiny and you are willing to do the work then it will be worth the expense.
In the end it depends on how much hardwood flooring you have and how much work you are willing to do to keep it clean. For most hardwood floor owners investing in a vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors is the best thing that you can do.
Vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors are a great investment to help you keep your flooring looking new, clean, and bright. They are a bit pricey for a good one, but in the end it will be worth it if you are looking for that great looking floor. There are several options for you to choose from and many great hardwood floor vacuum cleaners to consider.