Valentine's day flowers are a long tradition. Men have been buying them for a long time, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be for you and your girl. Giving Valentine's day flowers is easy to do and can be a very thoughtful gift. Before you throw money at some attendant in a flower shop though there are some things you should know. With a little thought you can make your gift special, you don't have to break the bank, and delivery is half of the gift.
Choosing Valentine's Day Flowers
Your choice is really much more important than you can imagine. It is true that you can grab the first batch of red roses you see or you can put a little thought into it. The Valentine's day flowers you choose can say something to the girl you are giving them to.
- Roses. Roses have long symbolized love. Any color can say that, but before you choose one here are a few things to consider. Red roses symbolize romantic love and passion, but not all women prefer them because of their deep, rich color. Ladies with more feminine tastes are likely to prefer pink, peach, or lavender roses. Pink roses are a symbol of happiness, white roses are purity, and yellow roses represent friendship. Each of these can also be a good choice for your Valentine's day flowers. A mix of colors can also be good to show her just how you feel.
- Carnations. While roses are often the Valentine's day flowers of choice, they aren't your only choice. Carnations are ruffled flowers with feminine flair. They too come in a rainbow of colors and choosing one of these can be a great way to go.
- Lilies. Another popular choice are lilies. These flowers are long lasting, often fun and beautiful to watch, and many come in great fragrances. Red and white tend to be most popular for this holiday season, but the color choices don't stop there. White lilies represent harmony and can be great for your relationship.
- Tulips. Tulips are beautiful spring flowers and they represent everlasting love. They come in a wide variety of colors that can allow you a great choice.
- Lilacs. Lilacs aren't always easy to find in February, but when you do they can make great Valentine's day flowers. They smell wonderful and they represent sincerity.
- Daisies. Not every girl is drawn to the simpleness of daisies, but they are a sign of faithfulness and they are long lasting flowers.
- Sunflowers. While red roses scream romantic love, sunflowers show your admiration. They are also wonderful at brightening up a space and they can add sunshine to the dull days of February.
- Her Favorite. If you know your girl well then you can't go wrong with choosing her favorite flower. This will speak to her heart above all your other choices.
Valentine's Day Flowers Without Breaking The Bank.
The price for a bouquet triples and in some location even quadruples the moment that February comes around. However, you don't have to spend every dime you have buying your special someone Valentine's Day Flowers. Here are some helpful tips that will let you save money.
- Start planning early. There are a lot of guys that pay more as last minute shoppers. By starting early you will be able to save money. There are some flower shops that give you a discount for ordering early and others shopping early lets you shop around.
- Shop around. By checking out the different options that you have before committing to something will let you save money on the Valneinte's day flowers. You want to make sure that you are getting good quality, but you also want a decent price.
- Choose a bouquet that meets your needs. Roses are by far the most expensive choice, however you don't have to choose roses. Choosing a lower cost bouquet will let you get great Valentine's day flowers. Consider a mixed fresh bouquet, spring flowers, or tulips. You need to make sure that you are choosing the Valentine's day flowers that will please your girl and also that won't break your bank account.
- Choose your delivery options. There are lots of different ways to present your bouquets and if you choose something other than standard delivery then you will save money.
- The florist or the convenience store. Another way to save money is to choose where you go to buy your bouquets.
Valentine's Day Flowers- The Florist or The Convenience Store?
This is a really big choice. The florist is often the standard choice since it for a long time this was where you got quality flowers. However, times have changed and in most cases you can get a great bouquet for less at the convenience store. Because of this you can choose this as an option with some care. In either case, look at the following to make sure that you are getting what you want.
- Look at quality. Quality is the most important thing. Look and make sure the color is even on whatever Valentine's day flowers you are buying. Look at the edges and make sure that they aren't brown, crunchy, or shriveled.
- Check out the bouquet. One advantage of a florist is that you are going to find someone that will put together something that you choose. However, you can pick and choose items that you can put together or look for a beautiful bouquet that will meet your tastes and your girl's tastes.
- Consider a vase. An arrangement isn't finished until it is all put together. You may want to consider buying one in a vase or consider the vase and ribbons when it comes putting together your complete gift.
Valentine's Day Flowers Delivery Options.
Some people believe that you can't be romantic unless you pay to have the florist deliver your flowers. This isn't true and you have a lot of different delivery options to consider before you make your decision and have the flowers delivered.
- Delivery. This really does make a woman feel special, but it isn't always necessary. Some great times to choose this is when she is at work or when you are working. Then this makes a great option, but you don't have to commit to it if you don't have the money. You have some other options as well.
- Pay someone else to deliver. Delivery doesn't have to come from the florist to be special. You can have a friend or family member deliver or you can pay someone else to deliver it.
- Bring it by work yourself. Work can be a great place to get flowers because it is something that lets you show off and brag just a little. You bringing them buy can be the perfect touch. Dress nice and wear a smile with that perfect bouquet. Make sure it is in a great vase and complete with a ribbon.
- Take it with you. You can bring your Valentine's day flowers with you when you go to her house. This can be sweet and special as well since women love seeing their men with flowers.
You can give great Valentine's day flowers! Choose ones that say what you want them to say or that will touch her heart. You can be romantic without breaking the bank. Take it one step at a time and you will find the perfect Valentine's day flowers for your special someone.