Not all men are easy to buy for and with holidays geared toward a lot of girly stuff it can be hard. There are a lot of Valentine's day gift ideas for him that will actually help you choose gifts that he will like. You need to find the options based on the things that he will like. It can be helpful to forget the romantic types of gifts and go for his interests. One category some guys will appreciate for Valentine's day gift ideas for him coming from is exercise and health related items.
For the guy that is interested in staying healthy and who is motivated to either get in shape or stay in shape then this can be a great place for you to find lots of great items from. You will want to consider items that he will use and enjoy. Look at the things he already does and the things that he wants to do.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Gym Memberships.
If your man doesn't have a gym membership then this can be a great gift for the man who wants to get in shape or the man who likes to stay in shape. Consider shopping around and looking for great features that will make his gym membership an enjoyable one.
- Distance. Start at his home and work. Find the gyms nearest to these two locations. It's okay to go out from there, but by choosing a gym closer to home or work, where he already goes regularly, you will make it easier for him to get to the gym more often.
- Hours of operation. You want to make sure that the gym will be open when he will be available. If they are only open while he is at work it won't work out well. The best options are the 24/7 gym.
- Equipment. You want to make sure that he is getting a variety of equipment and that it will be enough to meet his needs. This isn't always easy, but it will make the difference for his enjoyment.
- Shop around for the best price. You also want to make sure that you are getting a good price or more importantly a good value.
You want to make sure that you are finding a place he can go to often, that it will be open when he wants to use it, that it will have the equipment he likes, and that it is a good value. You don't want to pay a lot for something that doesn't have a lot of great membership features.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Personal Training.
Another great option is to hire a personal trainer. This can be a fantastic gift for a guy who has started to get into shape, but doesn't necessarily know what he is doing. It is important to make sure that you aren't getting this for a man who isn't really interested in working out though. If you do then you could hurt his feelings and make him feel like you are saying something negative. On the other hand, if he is working toward a goal this can really help out and he will feel like you are thinking about his needs and desires.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Exercise Equipment.
There are tons of exercise equipment that can make great gifts. You want to make sure that you are choosing things that he will enjoy and things that will fit in the space he has or the space the two of you have together. You don't want to buy the large treadmill for the tiny apartment, it just won't work out well. So shop around and consider treadmills, elliptical trainers, total gyms, and other equipment.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Accessories.
Some accessories might be classified as equipment, but that doesn't mean you can consider getting them. There really are a lot of accessories worth considering. Here are a few to get your Valentine's Day gift idea juices flowing.
- Heart rate monitor. If he doesn't have a good heart rate monitor this can make a great gift. They also come in several types, options, features, and price ranges.
- Exercise towel or bands. Towels and bands are great ways to help with the sweat issues that exercise often causes which can make them great options.
- Weights. There are lots of options here including dumbbells, free weights, and kettle bells.
- Resistant bands. Resistant bands offer you a lot of options as well. You can find them in kits with other accessories or you can find them by themselves.
- Jump rope. A good quality jump rope can also be useful.
- Exercise mat. Mats let you do all sorts of exercises more comfortably. Your man doesn't have to be into yoga in order to use an exercise mat.
- Duffel bag. A good quality bag can also be useful, especially if your man runs to the gym every now and again.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Clothing.
Exercise clothing can also make a great gift. Make sure you are thinking about the activities he participates in as well as his tastes in style. There are a lot of options for exercise clothing, but you don't want to buy some of them if he doesn't participate in those activities. A jogging suit might be nice for the guy who jogs (especially in winter), but might not be appreciated by a guy who only plays racquetball (unless his tastes lean in that direction).
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Exercise Videos.
Most exercise videos lean toward women, but there are some that are geared toward men. Choosing one of these can be great because it lets the person exercise at home and usually in a short period of time on those days that he just can't get out.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Things You Can Do Together.
There are many things you two can do together if you don't already do them. Consider a game for two such as racquetball or tennis. By buying the starting equipment for a new hobby that the two of you can do together you will be offering yourself a chance to get into better shape and enjoy an activity together.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Books and Magazines.
There are a huge variety of books and magazines based on health and fitness. To choose one you only need to consider what he might want to learn and the activities he is interested in doing. A magazine subscription can be a great choice!
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Healthy Gift Basket.
You can buy a healthy gift basket such as a fruit basket or you can make one yourself with all sorts of yummy, but healthy snacks. Another option is to make a gift basket from a variety of the smaller gifts listed above. You can choose items such as sweat bands, resistant bands, a heart monitor, and even a small book or magazine to put into your basket. You can find out more about gift baskets for Valentine's day!
All of these options really help you to choose a gift for the health conscious man in your life. If he enjoys exercise and the healthier side of life then these Valentine's day gift ideas for him will point you in the perfect direction. Have fun with it and make sure you choose something that he will enjoy.