Most men are hard to figure out what the perfect gift for him would be. However, with a little thought and some helpful ideas you can find that perfect gift for him. While it doesn't work for every guy the old adage that you can get to a man's heart through his stomach can make it so that you are able to give him something he will really appreciate. For these Valentine's Day gift ideas for him you will have to hit the kitchen to make some excellent food, but you are sure to be happy with the results.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Baking.
One great option is to bake. There are literally hundreds of ideas that you can come up with and choosing one he will like the best is always a great way to go. You want to make sure that he is enjoying the Valentine's day gifts!
- Cookies. Few people can resist good, home baked cookies. You can bake them and send them to work with him. A special "I love you" note can finish it out and make him feel very special.
- Cake. Even if you go out to eat a special home baked cake can be great for having when you get back. Aim for making his favorite and write a special message on there for him. Even if you don't have cake decorating skills you can spell something out with pre-made frosting tubes, candies, or even chocolate chips. Get creative and don't worry about how it looks.
- Pie. Another dessert few of us can resist is home baked pie. Pick out his favorite. Consider traditional fruit flavors, cream cheese pies, and pudding pies.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Dinner.
Another great way for you to make his day special is to cook dinner for him. Consider his tastes and go for something that looks and feels special. It doesn't have to take a ton of work, but it is best if it is something beyond the normal wear. Consider baked fish dishes, trying something new such as a couscous dish, or going for fancy pasta which often looks harder than it is. By making a special meal you will make him feel special and you can spend the time together at home.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Dessert.
While baking certainly makes great treats that can be used for dessert, remember that you don't have to stop there. You can make any kind of dessert. Whether you are going out or staying in a fancy dessert is perfect to make him feel special. Some ideas are home made ice cream, sorbet, or parfaits. You can even get creative and find the perfect dessert cocktail!
Two romantic pink colored dessert cocktails that can be good Valentine's day gift ideas for him (assuming he is the dessert cocktail type) are the Pink Squirrel and the Pink Elephant. A Pink Squirrel is the easiest with 3/4 ounce creme de noyaux, 3/4 ounce white cream de cocoa, and 1 1/2 ounce of heavy cream. Shake it all with ice and strain into the cocktail glass of your choice. Looks great with red colored fruit such as raspberries, cherries, or strawberry. There are many recipes for Pink Elephants. My favorite is the following. You take 1 1/2 ounces of amarula cream, 1 ounce chocolate liqueur, 3 ounces of raspberry puree, and 2 ounces of Merlot. Shake it all together with ice and strain into your cocktail glass. Then shake 3 ounces of heavy cream and 2 teaspoons of sugar together vigorously until the sugar is thoroughly mixed (no ice for this part). Slowly pour the heavy cream on top of the first part of the drink. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Be warned though, both of these romantic dessert cocktails are pretty sweet and definitely deserve to be called desserts!
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Fancy Snacks.
Maybe baking dessert isn't your choice and dinner is out due to time or energy. If this is the case fancy snacks can be the key to making the day special. Consider one of the following as Valentine's day gift ideas for him.
- Popcorn balls. Popcorn balls aren't really hard, but they take time. On the other hand, you can do it a day or two before hand and it definitely doesn't have to be done on the day. So if you are busy that day then you can make these ahead of time.
- Chocolate covered fruit or pretzels. Chocolate covered is always a great way to go for the sweet tooth in the family. You can consider making chocolate covered strawberries, cherries, or other fruit for a great treat. You can also make chocolate covered pretzels for a treat that lasts a little longer (shelf life). If you have a fondue pot or chocolate fountain then you can also make chocolate fondue for a great dessert that gives you a good place to sit and talk as well.
- Chex Mix. There are a million different kinds of Chex mix or other cereal based snack mixes that are delicious. Making these tend to be pretty easy and it is always tasty.
Most of these ideas are great for putting in some one's lunch to make them feel special, having in front of a movie together, or even gift wrapping.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him - Food You Buy.
You can also buy food for a good Valentine's day gift ideas for him. However, you want to make sure that you are doing something that will feel special for him. You can get a gift box or tin of food that will be a treat for him. That might be chocolate, cookies, or even cheese and meat boxes. It really depends on his tastes.
Another thing that you can do is to pay for your Valentine's day dinner if you are going out. If this is something that you never do then you will be giving him a great present. Changing it up is often the best thing you can do to make the day special.
If your guy is a food guy of any sort then there are lots of different options to make for great Valentine's day gift ideas for him. Just make sure that you are picking something he will like while offering something new and different from the usual. You can make his Valentine's day perfect.