Why it is the miracle oil and the healthiest oil on earth
Coconut is a fruit found only in the tropic and subtropics regions of the world. The coconut fruit is well known for its great versatility in the many industrial, commercial, and domestic uses of its various parts. Though the aspects of its origin is still debatable one thing is certain Scientists have used art, entomology, botany, etymology, folklore, fossils, travel records and even genetics to try to prove when the coconut fruit first appeared on the scene.
The coconut is a very useful drupe. Its usefulness is wide ranging and includes coconut water and milk for refreshing drinks, fiber for soft mattresses and growing orchids, and other plants, food, utensils, musical instruments, and fuel.
The healthy lifestyle of residents of the islands and coastal regions where the coconut is grown and used as a staple in everyday life amazed Scientists and health advocates alike and as a result prompted extensive research into this wonderful drupe.
One such research looked at the effects of dietary virgin coconut oil in reducing obesity. The school of Nutrition at the Universidad Federal de Alagoas in Brazil found that a supplementation of 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of virgin coconut oil to your daily diet seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity.
The findings of the clinical trial published on PubMed.gov took place during a twelve-week period involving 40 women between the ages of 20-40 years old. With the 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of coconut oil, the subjects walked 50 minutes a day and followed a balanced hypo- caloric diet. A hypo- caloric diet is a diet containing between 600-1500 calories per day where eating five times a day is required to ensure that the body does not create fat reserves.
The study also proved that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil together with exercise and a balanced hypo- caloric diet saw health benefits such as reductions in body mass index (BMI), higher HDL levels and lower LDL levels. The study also found that the dietetic intake of coconut oil does not cause dyslipidemia. Dyslipidemia is the irregular amount of lipids (e.g. cholesterol and/or fat) in the blood. According to Dr. Bruce Fife of the Coconut Research Center, "Coconut oil is the healthiest oil on earth".
Another known fact about coconut oil is its high antioxidants content, which helps in stopping the damage to other healthy fats, and tissues that causes the skin to age and cardiovascular disease. It is also an excellent moisturizer for the skin, and helps promote healthy hair and complexion. In addition, another wonder and miracle of coconut oil is that it prevents age spots, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
The addition of coconut oil to our diets help our bodies fight illness causing viruses and bacteria. Following are some of the many health benefits of virgin coconut oil:
- Coconut oil will Increase energy and endurance.
- Decreases signs related with eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Coconut oil helps reduce epileptic seizures.
- Using coconut oil will help support thyroid health and control blood-sugar levels.
- A diet high in coconut oil helps to get rid of signs related with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- The everyday use of coconut oil will aid in protecting the body from cancers such as breast and colon.
- Helps safeguard against bladder infections and kidney disease.
- Research has shown that a daily intake of coconut oil will help melt kidney stones.
- Coconut oil helps avoid liver disease.
- Relieves signs related with prostate enlargement.
- Daily uses of coconut oil have shown to reverse autism (Ketone therapy).
- Adding coconut oil to your diet will lower bad cholesterol.
- Swish coconut oil in the mouth (oil pulling) to kill bacteria, which cause throat infections, gum disease, ulcers, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, cavities, pneumonia, and other diseases.
Coconut oil Raisin Bread Recipe
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup Greenleaf stevia extract (natural calorie-free
1 1/4 cups soya milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup coconut flakes
6 tbs virgin coconut oil
2 tbs baking powder1/4 tsp table salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the soymilk, coconut oil, vanilla extracts, and eggs. Whisk the mixture until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- In a stand mixer, add sifted flour, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, Green leaf stevia extract, coconut flakes, and raisins.
- Turn on the mixer on the lowest speed and gradually add the wet mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Put the batter in the greased loaf pan and place in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Use a knife or a bamboo skewer, insert into the Coconut oil Raisin Bread; if it comes up clean, the bread is ready. Remove bread from oven, set on a cooling pad or rack. Let cool and serve with topping of your choice.
Amazon Price: $24.06 $20.84 Buy Now
(price as of Jul 16, 2016)