There are plenty of ways to make extra money out there. For many, treasure hunting is one of the best, and the most fun. Treasure hunting can mean a whole lot of different things. I'm not talking about finding an old map and sifting through clues to Wild Willy's gold and fortune, I'm talking about things you can do in your spare time. These are some of the best ways to make extra money, and you'll have a blast in the process.
You can find a whole slew of things while using a metal detector, making it one of the most fun ways to make extra money. Those with a quality metal detector will have the best luck, but you can start with a low cost department store model as well. You will be able to enjoy the outdoors, get some exercise, and have fun, making it one of the best ways to make extra money. Here are some of the places to look.
1. Beaches. Finding lost rings and other valuables while metal detecting is one of the great ways to make extra money. Many adults do this while the kids swim. It's fun and you'll bet some fresh air, and have a nice view of the water and beach.
2. Logging camps. This is one of the more history friendly ways to make extra money. You can search for old logging camps and then use your metal detector to find artifacts. Old oxen shoes are fetching big bucks these days.
3. Your backyard. You just may find some old coins out in your own backyard, making it one of the most convenient ways to make money. If have a few extra minutes, you have enough time.
4. Fields. You can find small pieces of meteorites out in fields. These contain metals, and in some cases, are worth thousands of dollars for just a small pebble sized piece.
5. Parking lots. People have things fall out of their pockets and vehicles all the time, making it one of the more opportunistic ways to make extra money. TIP: Use a high quality metal detector, especially when searching concrete parking lots, or you'll pick up the rebar used on your metal detector. I've head of people using very strong earth magnets glued to a stick. They simply scan the tool over the area as they walk, picking up goodies (and some junk).
6. Playgrounds: You can find plenty of loot at local playgrounds. You may land some coins or jewelry. Best of all, you can do it while the kids play on the equipment, making it one of the more family friendly ways to make extra money.
7. Rest stop and picnic areas. These are all along the highways of the country. You can find coins and jewelry, making it one of the more mobile ways to make extra money.
This is one of the more outdoor friendly ways to make money out there. You could check on public land, or join a club, like the GPAA. When you join a club like the GPAA, you'll have access to private lands that you can use to pan for gold or metal detect. It's one of the fun ways to make extra money while treasure hunting. If you have a pan and a few tools, like a small shovel or big metal spoon, you 'have all you need to get started. It's one of the most fun ways to make extra money treasure hunting.
Gold and jewelry aren't the only reward for treasure hunting. Many enjoy finding artifacts of years gone by. This is not limited to logging camps, as noted above. There are plenty of other things you could find, like civil war artifacts. If you can do a little research, you could easily find out where battles were held, and then see if you could find the old artifacts. It's one of the more history friendly ways to make extra money. Here are just a few samples of the things others have found when treasure hunting this way.
1. Belt buckles. These could be from the civil war era, and are quite valuable.
2. Old bullets. One of the more plentiful artifacts waiting to be found.
3. Badges. Civil war badges can be found.
4. Coins. When you find these, they are likely to be very old, and most likely valuable.
5. Odds and ends. There are plenty of things you could find, too many to list.
This one is quite surprising to say the least. Today's modern treasure hunter has made a killing looking for, and finding old bottles. Many of the old glass bottles of yesterday are now quite valuable. You may find them in an old outhouse site, or just about anywhere else. It's really one of the more unusual ways to make extra money.
There are some big treasures out there waiting to be found. Al Capone was said to have tossed and hid some loot out there, finding it could be one of the more exciting ways to make extra money. Throughout history, this is a common theme. Who knows, you may find the treasure and become famous in the process. Wouldn't that be one of the neat ways to make extra money?
Those not wanting to sail the seas or comb the forest and beaches, may enjoy a trip to the antique shop. It's one of the more somewhat traditional ways to make extra money. If you have an eye for antiques, you just may be able to pull it off. Many have reported finding items at antique shops that are incredibly rare, and apparently, not realized by the shop owner. You could use this as one of the more laid back ways to make extra money.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to make extra money out there. All you have to do is put some time and effort into it. Those that do will enjoy the rewards. I'm sure you can come up with plenty of other ways to make extra money as well.