Make your wedding celebration a day filled with memorable moments by adding a personal touch that is as unique and special as your love.
- Create a website for your wedding to share preparations with friends and family. It's a good place to include useful information such as directions and accommodation details. You can also share the story of how you met, the proposal and introduce your bridal party and family members.
- During the build-up to the big day, those closest to you provide a magnitude of support. Write each of them a sweet, unconditional love note the night before the wedding. Send it in the post so that they will receive your heartfelt thank-you after you have left on your honeymoon.
- Commemorate a pivotal moment in your relationship with special wedding favours at your wedding celebration â it will add extra significance to the proceedings. John and Sue's relationship flourished in the Hawke's Bay after they first met at a wine tasting, so in addition to serving Hawke's Bay Te Awa Chardonnay at their reception, they gave each guest a wine cork made for recycled New Zealand Kauri.
- As part of the wedding speeches, ask a couple you admire to share their tips for a successful marriage and highlights from their union.
- Arrive like a princess to your ceremony in a horse-drawn carriage â it makes for fantastic, evocative photographs and the fairy-tale romance factor will heighten. Heritage Horse and Carriage in Oamaru have a few styles to choose from.
- Bring life to your reception tables by making each centrepiece a glass bowl with fish such as red fans inside and a plant with moss placed on top. They are decorative and make a nice long-lasting gift for your bridal party.
- Choose a theme you can incorporate into your entire wedding â be it a colour, fabric or accessory. Jane from Waikato matched the beads on her gown with those on the invitations through to the ribbon on her guest favours.
- Order custom-made unity candles for you and your groom to light during the ceremony. Retreat Candles can add an illustration or a photograph on your candles and will deliver them to your ceremony venue.
- Have a pamper party for you and your bridesmaids hosted by a professional make-up artist. It's a great way for the bride and her friends to see what suits their personal attributes best, well before the big day.
- Think green and go organic from your invitations to your flowers, food and wine. Ask your caterer where their food is sourced and suggest farmers' markets as an option. Even if your reception is outdoors, stick to using glass or cloth instead of plastic. Remember â a green conscience is classy!