- Make a list of everything you need to do
- Obtaining an organizer is mighty handy to help you visualize the tasks needed to get done. With this, learn to create a self-monitoring system.
- Make note-taking a habit
- Break a big job down into smaller parts
- Something may seem daunting because of how much needs to be done. However, if broken down into smaller sections, it is easier to attack this job. Focusing for just 10 minutes could possibly help you get started.
- Put what needs to be done right in front of you
- When you lay something right in front of you, you have no other option but to look at it, well, eventually. Just focus your attention on what needs to get done, even if it's for a brief moment.
- Keep reselling yourself on the benefits of doing what has to be done
- If you constantly remind yourself that you need to get your job done, it will keep that motivation pumping.
- Can't pay attention due to Facebook or Instant Messaging? If you know what causes your procrastination, then great. Avoid those situations/ or scenarios.
- This tip is to help you get started. As long as you get started on your task, it's progress towards the finish line. However, since you spend your time on it, you might as well make the most of it. But getting started is foremost.
- Having trouble getting started? Start now. If you have something that needs to get done, why put it off? Finish and move on to other objectives.
- If you don't establish deadlines, you won't ever come across finishing them. Make deadlines, and meet your goals.
- Everyone only has 24 hours in a day. What you do in that time is all up to you. There's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and putting aside some leisure time, but when you have things that need to get done, prioritize your time. Also, learn to use all the time you have. Those 10 minutes before work/ school can become rather useful.
- Nowadays, with technology being a big part of our daily lives, we tend to spend a lot of time on it. If your someone, me included, that gets sidetracked with such things, learn to avoid them when it's time to work. Learn to discourage interruptions.
- With all the things going on with our lives, it's hard to get some things done on time like we would like. However, if something is due, for the sake of discussion, next week, don't put it off till the night before. Get it done days before, allowing you to either review or edit.
For more help with procrastinating, check out this article PROCRASTINATING MADE EASY!