But when you're a size zero fashionista, it's hard not to look great in just about anything. Back in the real world, wearing Ugg boots is not always such a simple look to pull off and look great in. They are clumpy, and large, and you need to avoid looking as though you're wearing your Dad's Wellington boots, or like a Lego Playmobil man with huge feet (as my lovely husband describes us Ugg wearers)!
Here's some ideas on How to Wear Ugg Boots:
- First, choose your color. Find a shade that is going to co-ordinate and complement the other items in your wardrobe. I wear a lot of grays and blacks, and the gray Uggs are less stand out, and less in-your-face than others, making them more wearable and appropriate for more occasions. Striped pink knitted Uggs may look great on teens and models, but can look rather ridiculous when worn by real women. Pale colors look great, but be sure to protect them before you wear them, as grubby Ugg boots are not a good look.
- Next, choose the right length of Ugg boots for you. You want them to either sit at a height below your calf, or at the top of your calf. Boots that finish mid-calf can make your legs look wider than they are. Make sure there is space at the top of the boot where you can slip at least 2 fingers in comfortably. Tight boots will cut your legs (and your blood supply) and look unseemly and uncomfortable. You're going to need that space for tucking in jeans etc anyway.
- You can wear your Ugg boots with skinny jeans tucked in. It's a popular and fashionable look. Worn with leggings, they can give that 'Playmobil man' look, so be sure they don't look outrageously oversized on your legs. Don't wear women's Ugg Boots with short skirts or shorts, unless you're of supermodel proportions. Uggs under baggier fitting or bootcut jeans look good on most people. Don't try to tuck wide jeans into your Uggs - it will make you look messy and bunched-up.
- Men â Ugg boots are generally not a good look. Some of the more practical colors and styles, such as the leather Uggs can look okay when worn under trousers, but overall, few men can pull this look off without raising a few sniggers from others.
- Fashion Uggs are most certainly a casual look. Don't be tempted to wear them into the office or to a formal event, however cold it is outside and however snug your Ugg Boots Australia are. The only possible exception may be on a dress down Friday or office outing to do outdoor activites.
- The Ugg cardi boots look great with thick, cable knit sweaters and the knitted dresses (worn over leggings or opaque tights) that are so in fashion right now.
- Lower leg height Uggs, such as the Ugg Australia Classic Short Boot look good with legwarmers or thick socks under, sat just a little above the top of the boot. This helps to taper the leg profile into the larger boot section, which helps to streamline the look.
And finally of course, the rule with any fashion is that really â the only rules that exist are your own. So if it feels good â do it. You may not look conventional, but hey, that's not always a bad thing!
Read my other InfoBarrel articles on Ugg Boots, Emu Boots and similar topics:
- Ultra Tall Ugg Boots
- Emu Boots are the New Ugg Boots
- Emu Boots versus Ugg Boots - Which are Best to Buy?
- How to buy Cheap Emu Boots
- Review - Emu Australia Ladies Kimba Mid Boots
- How to Clean and Care for Your Emu Boots
- Review - Emu Australia Paddington Hi Boots
- How to clean and care for Your Ugg Boots
- How to buy cheap Ugg Boots
- Fake Ugg Boots
- Imitation Ugg Boots