Kick Your Outdoor Cooking Up a Notch
Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker: A Review
Credit: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-721001-Smokey-Mountain-Cooker/dp/B001I8ZTJ0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327044903&sr=8-1-fkmr0As a die-hard meat-lover, my husband loves his Weber Smoker! A charcoal smoker is essential if you enjoy the taste of slowly cooked barbecue meats every now and then. Many men take pride in being able to produce delicious meals with on their own in the backyard, which is likely why the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker is a hot choice for grilling devices. It is ranked as the top selling smoker on Amazon.com with over 300 positive reviews and is also one of the most wished outdoor cooking products on the site.
Credit: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-721001-Smokey-Mountain-Cooker/dp/B001I8ZTJ0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327044903&sr=8-1-fkmr0The smoker provides a wealth of space inside its chamber, allowing for an entire ham and turkey to be smoked at once. This makes it perfect for dinners or other occasions where you need to feed a large number of guests. Indeed, the 18 1/2 inches refers to the interior diameter of the smoker--lots of space in the two cooking chambers! We have cooked a turkey twice in our Weber smoker and my husband loves to smoke ribs and the occasional chicken or two in there as well. The large nickel-plated cooking grates are durable enough to handle heavy slabs of meat that you may want to smoke. The exterior of the smoker is made from porcelain-enameled premium-grade steel, making it a very durable cooking device.
Included in the box with the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker is a water pan that can be placed inside the smoker when it is in use. This adds steam to the cooking process, ensuring that your meats come out moist and juicy. Vents located on the lid and bowl provide optimal control on the air flow of the smoker. The lid’s handle is resistant to heat, so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself when lifting it.
Here are some features of the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker:
* 684 square inches of interior cooking area
Credit: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-721001-Smokey-Mountain-Cooker/dp/B001I8ZTJ0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327044903&sr=8-1-fkmr0* Exterior measurements: 19 x 19 x 41 inches
* Large durable interior allow a whole ham and a turkey to be cooked at the same time
* Water pan and thermometer included for better and easier cooking
* Steel exterior and nickel-plated grates are very strong, allowing the smoker to last several years with proper maintenance
* Individual vents allow for proper air flow, meaning your meats stay tender
* Comes with a 10-year limited warranty from the manufacturer
What folks are saying about the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker:
* "If you're in the market for a smoker- this is it! It's great for everyone- experienced or newbie- it's worth the money 2x over!!!"
* "The Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker is a giant leap from past efforts. It has the Weber venting on the bottom and top of the smoker, allowing tremendous flexibility and accuracy in temperature control and requires significantly less effort during the cooking process. The unit is extremely well constructed and I look forward to many years of use and great meals!"
* "If you're considering buying a smoker, you can't go wrong with this one. Setup only took about 20 minutes and it was even easier to use. Cleanup of the cooking services and water bowl was just as easy. Properly used, you can easily keep the smoker going for more then 10hrs for long smokes."
* "This is our first smoker. We love it. Weber has made a product that is almost idiot proof. Follow their chart and enjoy great eating. Lots of fun to use."
Out of 300+ Amazon reviews of the Weber Smokey Mountain 18 1/2 Inch Smoker, only 18 of them were 4 stars or less. That is some serious customer satisfaction! Some points that came up over and over again in the Amazon reviews: go to the Weber website for tips on smoking, there are also some Youtube videos about how to use this smoker to smoke different cuts of meat, keep an eye on the thermometer built into the lid as it doesn't calibrate correctly sometimes. If you purchase this smoker, I recommend you read some of the Amazon reviews for some outstanding information regarding the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker as well as the art of smoking meats in general.
Should You Buy the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker?
If you or someone you know is serious about smoking meats on a regular basis, this smoker by Weber is a solid investment. Being the top selling smoker on Amazon.com, many people can attest to the quality design and convenience of this cooking device. The 10-year warranty is also helpful, as you can feel protected for years to come when purchasing this smoker for yourself or as a Christmas gift.
Amazon is currently selling the Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 1/2 Inch Smoker for just over $299. Accessories for the smoker are also available through Amazon.com.