We've compiled some of the most successful weight loss secrets to help you with your fitness and weight loss goals. There are no magic bullets, or instant diet pills, but a few techniques and your determination will help you to ultimately reach your goals.
1. Put your workout first â€“ When you exercise first thing in the morning, you maximize your weight loss by increasing your odds of actually doing the workout. A recent study found that 75% of the people, who exercised in the morning, did it regularly compared with only 50% of the afternoon exercisers and 25% of those who put it off even later. Another great benefit of working out early is it gets you focused for the day
2. Do your cardio after strength training â€“ By doing your strength training or sculpting routine prior to your cardio exercise, you can increase the amount of fat your body burns. It is also good for your heart. When you do resistance training, your arteries stiffen and your blood pressure increases. Research shows that a short 20 minute cardio workout after your resistance training can counteract these effects and return your arteries to their normal condition much faster. And if that's not enough reason to add your cardio after strength training â€¦ we all know that a cardio workout requires very little mental concentration, it's rhythmic and repetitive motion and is much easier to do when fatigued.
3. Interval training can boost your metabolism - A high-intensity workout can signal your body to increase its release of growth hormones responsible for mobilizing fat for use as fuel. This high intensity training also increases your metabolism and keeps it elevated 10 to 15 percent above its baseline for several hours after you've completed your workout. This means you burn more fat, even while resting. Workout for one minute at a high-intensity, then back off enough to recover, then kick it back up again. This interval training will have you burning fat at record speed.
4. Get off your bottom â€“ Your glutes comprise the largest muscle group in your body and very few people give them the workout they need. Even people who workout regularly can benefit from a few butt toning exercises. Here's a great exercise you can do at your desk: stand with your feet shoulder width apart, slowly lower your bottom towards your chair as if you're going to sit, but before you touch the seat stop and hold for a few seconds, then straighten back up. Do three sets of 10 â€“ 15 reps, two or three times a day.
5. Increase your energy â€“ Contrary to what many people think, exercise will not make you tired; it actually has the opposite effect. Exercise will energize you. Research has shown that as little as 20 minutes of a low-intensity activity, such as walking, can boost your energy by 20 percent. Not only that, your 20 minute walk also burned approximately 75 calories!
6. Try the two-step â€“ Next time you opt for the stairs, try taking them two at a time. Research has shown that this quick burst of power activates fast-twitch muscles in your legs and these burn more calories. Taking the stairs two at a time also engages muscles that typically don't get used.
7. Stretch â€“ If you sit at a desk all day, like many of us, you're especially prone to tight muscles. Stretching regularly will significantly improve flexibility and decrease muscle soreness. Target the hip-flexors and hamstrings if you spend a lot of time sitting!
8. Leave your sneakers where you'll see them â€“ A recent survey shows that the number one piece of workout gear most commonly forgotten are sneakers. This obviously results in a cancelled exercise session. Put your sneakers in a place where you won't forget them and this obstacle will be removed. You'll also give yourself a visual reminder of your commitment to exercise.
With the simple Weight Loss for Idiots method, you can burn more fat and do it faster than you ever thought possible. Take a few quick tips and turn them into your own fat burning machine.
Maximize your fat burning! When you optimize your weight loss program with these 8 simple rules, you'll get your workout off to sizzling start. Trim those abs, drop inches and get ready for the body you've been dreaming of.