The seventh expansion of EA's the Sims 3 has been announced and is captivating fans like never before. Have you ever wanted to be a werewolf or a vampire? Or wanted to send a horde of flesh eating zombies on your town? The Sims 3 Supernatural allows you to do all of the above while exploring the mysterious town of Moonlight Falls. Unfortunately, whereas before EA only teased a month or so before release, this one comes out in September.
If you want to skip all the gritty stuff and see some visuals, the announce trailer can be found at the bottom of this article.
Play as witches, wizards, werewolves, more intriguing vampires, and fairies, each with their own magical abilities, traits, and interactions.
Dabble in Magic and Alchemy
Practice your spellcraft (both good and evil) and cast it on other sims. Whip up a variety of magical elixirs and spread them about town. Hone your psychic abilities and make your way through life as a fortuneteller.
Find Supernatural Items
Race around the arena on your broomstick, visit the gypsy caravan, or preen in front of your magic mirror. Even awaken the classic character of Bonehilda, the quirky skeletal maid.
Mix a special elixir to create shuffling, brain-hungry monsters of your very own. Chomp on other Sims to spread the love and wreak havoc. Don’t worry, you can always concoct an elixir to change your Sims back.
New Create-A-Sim Options
12+ new hairstyles
10+ new outfits
Ability to customize how hairy your werewolf is
Ability to change color of fairy wings and werewolf claws
Ability to create supernatural children. In-game there's a 50-50 chance if they breed with a normal sim.
- Can hunt Collectibles
- Lunar Cycle - They are being controlled by this feature. It transforms a Sim into a werewolf under a full moon anywhere
- The howl of the werewolves can be heard from afar, especially during the full moon
- Sims can transform into werewolves at will and vice versa, but by doing so, it decreases their hunger meter
- They do not kill Sims but they fear them and by doing so they kiss them or destroy their objects.
- They live longer than a normal Sim
- If a werewolf possess the Athletic skill, they can eat raw meat and they fatigue slower
- The werewolf power can be spread to other Sims around town by either mating with a normal Sim (by this, the children will inherit the power and it is a 50/50 chance) or biting them (but first a werewolf must increase relationship to the Sim and he accepted the offer)
- Werewolf toddlers demonstrate some animalistic behaviours, including howling, scratching and practising hunting
- A werewolf can also be non-hairy
- They have the ability to form a pack of werewolf Sims and then hunt in packs
- Delayed Aging
- They can shrink to their "natural form" to perform tasks that they cannot do normal sized, so they have a little "tinker bell sprite form"
- Fairies can be created or Sims can be turned into fairies
- Fairies hang out in a forested area in a world (or only Moonlight Falls)
- Only witches can learn spells
- Male Sims and Female Sims are both called witches
- Witches have a magic broom that allows them to fly through the air
- There will be good and bad witch spells
- There will new outfits for witches
- Witches seem to have the ability to turn Sims to stone
- Zombie Sims can try to attack Sims
- They tend to go slower than normal Sims
- A Sim can be a zombie by drinking a potion or having another zombie Sim to bite
- There are other ways to have Sims to become zombies in a town
- There is a cure to transform a zombie Sim to a normal Sim
- You can also transform Sims to become permanent zombie Sims
- Zombies can not woohoo
Amazon Price: $19.99 Buy Now
(price as of Nov 18, 2015)