BBQ Reviews for Gas and Electric BBQ Griils
When you don’t have room for a big BBQ grill, you need one of these smaller ones. They come in gas, electric and charcoal burning varieties. Some of the best rated ones include:
This is a full function small grill that uses gas to cook. It has two burners and is great for use on a terrace, patio or even a balcony. Features include:
- 325 square inches of primary cooking area
- 27,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
Try this one if you would like a small infrared type BBQ grill. It uses propane gas to cook. Features include:
- Two 8,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 330 square inches of primary cooking area
- Individual electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Cast aluminum, powder coated and 304 stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel U-shaped folded sheet metal cooking grates
- Individual temperature gauges for each burner
This is an electric version and can get up to temperatures of 600 F, which means it’s good for grilling steak, burgers or other meats. Features include:
- 189 square inches of stainless steel cooking grate
- 1560 watt electric heating element
- Cast aluminum body and lid
- Aluminum heat retention liner holds in heat and reduces preheat time
- Drip pan can be removed
Gas Grills that are less than $250
It is quite possible to get a very good BBQ grill that costs less than $250. The ones in this price range should be good enough to last a few years if you take good care of them. They are also all rated to cook things like hamburgers, hot dogs and other grilled foods fairly well.
Gas Grills found in this price range should give users at least about five years of good grilling usage. If you take good care of them, they can last longer depending on the brand.
Here are some BBQ grills that run for less than $250:
This is a good quality BBQ grill that has an aluminum frame and it has a dual control burner. It is made to last longer than many grills in this price range and has a three year warranty. Some of its features include:
- 30,000 BTU stainless steel burner system
- 420 sq. in. total cooking surface
- 260 sq. in. primary cooking surface
- Porcelain coated cooking grid
- Stainless steel Flav-R-Wave™ cooking system
- Linear Flow valves
- Sure-Lite ignition system
- Uni-Cast aluminum oven
- Perma-Mold side shelves with integrated tool hooks
2. Fiesta Dickson Black 2-Burner
It is a bit less sturdy than some of the more costly grills, but does a good job cooking hamburgers and other grilled foods.
- One dual control burner
- 12,500 BTUs
- 240 square inches of primary grilling space
- Single push-button piezoelectric igniter
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grate
- Chrome plated warming rack
- Porcelain painted steel body
- Porcelain coated steel vaporization barrier
Gas Grills costing between $250 and $500
These are medium range BBQ grills and will last longer and are more powerful than the cheaper grills. If you grill a lot and for a large crowd of people, then these grills are probably a better choice.
Some of the brands you may find are Broil-King, Ducane, Weber, Ultra Chef by Napoleon, and Char-Broil. You should stay away from store brands in this price range as they usually are not as good as the name brands.
Here are some examples:
This grill has four burners, is well made and has a lot of features for the price range. It runs around $330 from various stores. Its features include:
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 444 square inches of primary cooking space
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Enameled steel, stainless steel, and cast aluminum construction
- Fully enclosed cart
Ultra Chef U405
This is an entry level BBQ from Ultra Chef’s line and it has exceptional heat output and cooking features. It has porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates that hold the heat in very well and lets you sear meats and use high temperatures to cook with. It has three burners and the heat can be adjusted.
Gas Grills costing between $500 and $1,000
The BBQ grills in this price range are usually very sturdy and made of steel parts. They will have longer warranties and usually will last longer than cheaper models. They are made for lasting longer than five years in most cases.
Here are two examples:
If you want an electric grill for clean grilling heat, then this is a good choice in this price range. It can sear or grill any type of foods, including both meat and vegetables.
Here are some features:
- 350 square inches of grilling space
- Dual cooking surface
- A cast aluminum sear plate and a stainless steel rod grilling area
- Built in meat thermometer
- Built in hood thermometer
- High quality 304 stainless steel construction
Here is another version of an electric BBQ grill and it is one of the biggest as well in this price range. You can fit in on a balcony, yet you can put enough food on it to cook for four or more people. It has 1,750 watts of power, which means it puts out a lot of heat and can grill just about any kind of foods.