Niacin is another name given to Vitamin B3, which is one among the eight sorts of Vitamin B. It even has two other forms named as inositol hexanicotinate and niacinamide or nicotinamide, which vary in their effects from niacin. All the sources of vitamin B helps an individual body to regulate, and the carbohydrates to be fuelled. The vitamin is effective enough to of proteins and fats that are usually related to the vitamin B complex. This vitamin b complex is taken to benefit eyes, hair skin and liver, also helps in the regulation and functioning of the nervous system.
Vitamin B3 or niacin helps in increasing the sexual abilities of a person. It also helps the body for stress related hormones that occurs in the adrenal glands and in the other parts of the human body. Vitamin B3 helps in improving and developing circulation system. You might have read that all the vitamin B types does not stress in one’s body that means they are water soluble.
One can meet all necessary supplements of body from taking the diet food that have adequate amount of Vitamin B3. It is unusual in the medically developed environment for one to suffer from the deficiency of B3. It has been found that alcoholism is the main reason in the United States for the deficiency of Vitamin B3.
Symptoms of Vitamin B3 include
- Canker sores
- Stern deficiency results in problem of Pellagra. Pellagra is usually considered through scaly skin, creaked, diarrhoea, and dementia. For the effective treatment mostly it is recommended to have niacin supplements and balanced nutrient diet.
- Also, one has to face the problem of burn inside the mouth, bright red tongue and swollen.
Sources of vitamin B3
- Brewer's yeast
- Beef kidney
- Beef liver
- Sunflower seeds
Forms available for B3
The supplements of Vitamin B3 are found in niacinamide, inositol hexaniacinate and niacin. You can find niacin in capsule or tablet form which are available in regular as well as time release variety. It has been seen that apart from regular Niacin tablets, the time release tablets have various side effects of fewer and also sometimes results in causing liver damage. Doctors generally recommend to the patients periodic liver function trials who commonly take heavy doses i.e. 100mg per day or above of niacin.
How does one take vitamin B3 or Niacin
High doses of niacin are recommended to be taken for severe diseases to control and better functioning of the parts of the body. You should take niacin along with your meal to avoid the cause of irritation in the stomach.
Measures and precautions
- High doses can cause liver damage
- People suffering from kidney diseases, stomach ulcers, liver diseases should avoid taking of niacin supplements.
- Persons with diabetes and gallbladder problems, should take it as per the recommendation of doctor.