Vitamin B6 is one of the types of Vitamin B complex. The three natural forms of vitamin B6 are Pyridoxamine, Pyridoxine, and Pyridoxal. Pyridoxamine and Pyridoxal are commonly formed in the animal foods and while Pyridoxime are seen in deeds and plants. You will find nutrients supplements in Pyridoxine.
Vitamin B6 gets known to be one of the most steady vitamins in all. Although it is considered that a vital part of this vitamin range from 40 percent to 80 percent gets lost in the process involving cooking, canning and freezing of food.
Benefits of vitamin B6
There are several benefits that are seen in this vitamin, pyridoxine plays a vital role in the maintenance of the cardiovascular system and the nervous system. It is also effective for the muscle tone in the gastrointestinal tract as well as in the production of energy.
You can find vitamin B6 not less than 100 enzymes which have an extensive reflect on our health. Vitamin B6 is essential for the cell formation in our body which further also needed for the synthesising of the amino acids which are required for making of the proteins. This helps the body for developing, growing and even repairing of most of the body structures.
Because it is useful in the making of the new cells it is also needed for the tissues which restore faster for the mucous membrane and the skin. Below are the other effects of vitamin B6 which causes useful effects for human health.
- Vitamin B6 useful in regulating blood sugar level in the body.
- It helps the immune system for producing antibodies that are essential to fight against diseases, particularly with the old age people.
- It is needed in the growth and cell formation
- It helps to break down carbohydrates and fats to produce in the body energy.
- The vitamin is needed to produce haemoglobin and red blood cells which take oxygen to tissues.
- It is required for the brain and nervous functions for the production of neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and serotonin and in the creation of myelin sheath near nerves.
- It helps the body to convert amino acids into niacin (Vitamin B3)
Causes and Deficiency symptoms
- The deficiency can raise from taking of scarce diet.
- Taking of smoking and alcohol can reduce the contents of Vitamin B6 as well as effects of prescription medications.
- It causes skin disorders like skin inflammation and scaling of skin.
- There occurs sores cracks on the month and tongue
- Nerve allied conditions such as seizures and convulsions.
- Mental depression
- Common nausea
- Migraine headaches
- Dizziness or vomiting
Food sources of vitamin B6
High sources of vitamin B6 are found in chickpeas, bananas, potatoes (baked with skin), raw rice bran, spinach, prune juice, turnip greens, and bell peppers.
Other food sources include brewer’s yeast, beans, eggs, garlic, chicken, nuts, sunflower seeds, Brussels sprouts, whole grains, wheat germs, turmeric powder, broccoli.
Vitamin B6 supplements
It is essential to take minerals and vitamins in proper balance for the better regulation and functioning of vitamins that are useful for plugging nutrient gaps in the body.