You may have not known about the wonders and facts of whey protein. To start with, whey protein is the best form of protein. In fact it is the super source of protein for everybody especially for sports players, bodybuilders, people losing weight, and also for people with medical conditions.
In this article, I am going to list the major facts about whey protein. These facts support the claims why whey protein is the best source of protein, a super food, and features its benefits. Here are the facts about the wonders of whey protein:
Whey Protein Facts:
- Whey protein is the top source of amino acids available on the market. Whey protein has the complete amino acid that other protein source lacking of. Amino acids are important for many body functions, it serves as the building blocks of protein and necessary for muscle growth and recovery. Without enough amino acids in daily diet, the body's performance and muscle development will be greatly affected.
- The body absorbed the whey protein faster compare to other protein source. For this reason, whey protein is ideal for drinking after workouts, especially in the morning when the body needs nutrients and aminos.
- Whey protein comes from or a by product of cheese. We can say that it is the left over when cheese is created. In recent years, whey protein used to be thrown away because people thought that it was useless.
- The whey protein isolate which is the purest form of protein has the highest biological value of a protein source. Biological value (BV) refers to a measure on how the body can quickly and efficiently use the protein source. It has been said that the higher BV the better. An egg has a BV of around 100, while whey protein isolate is ranging beyond 150!
- Whey protein is a big help for diabetic people. One great example is with type 2 diabetes, an addition of whey to high-carbohydrate meals helps the body to stimulate insulin release which will reduce the spikes in blood glucose levels right after meals.
- Whey protein can lose weight! Unlike carbs and fats, protein takes a lot of energy so that the body can function. It means that since more calories are needed to do this, there are lots of calories being burned. This will lead to a much faster metabolism and weight loss.
- Whey protein supplements are rich in Glutamine. For those who did not know what Glutamine is, it is the most abundant amino acid in our body, and is the main agent for muscle repair and growth, as well as immunity booster.
- Another medical discovery said that whey protein increases memory power when stressful situation strikes.
- Whey protein supplements are "tasteless". It is an advantage because whey protein can be mixed with any recipe without damaging or affecting the taste.
- Whey protein isolate is 100% fat and lactose free! The whey protein isolate is carefully filtered and actually not less than 95% pure protein!
- As of the moment, whey protein is the most common ingredient in every weight products like in drinks and meal replacements.
Do you know any important facts about whey that I've missed? If yes, then you are very much appreciated to leave them in the comment below! Enjoy your whey protein and cheers to a healthy life!