The Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
Juicing for Health
For some reason, the amazing health benefits to be obtained from wheatgrass juice have yet to become public knowledge. Considering the fact that wheatgrass is one of the most potent health-boosting plants on earth, this is something of a surprise.
Just for a moment, let’s consider:-
- Wheatgrass contains over 90 minerals and 19 amino acids which are known to be the building blocks of protein
- Wheatgrass is a powerful anti-oxidant and can offset the damage caused by exposure to carbon dioxide and other atmospheric pollutants
- Wheatgrass juice contains more vitamin C than orange juice and around twice as much vitamin A as the carrot
Wheatgrass Juice and the Circulatory System
Drinking 30ml of wheatgrass juice is the equivalent of eating approximately 1kg of green leafy vegetables and with the same benefits. One of the main health enhancing properties in both wheatgrass and in green leafy vegetables is chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is widely acknowledged to be almost identical to the haemoglobin in blood and helps the body to replenish red blood cells. This results in increased red blood cell production and therefore the flow of oxygen around the body. People who eat chlorophyll rich foods or drink wheatgrass juice often report higher energy levels and increased resistance to disease and infection.
Wheatgrass Juice and the Digestive System
Wheatgrass is great for the digestive system too. It contains amylase which is an enzyme that assists the body to break starch down into sugars and protease which assists in the digestion of proteins as well as cleaning out unwanted proteins from your system.
Wheatgrass Juice and Body Cleansing
Because wheatgrass juice contains vitamins B,C,E and carotene it is very effective at eliminating and destroying free radicals. It is also rich in saponin which is known to support the lymphatic system in its constant task of carrying toxins away from the body.
How Wheatgrass Juice Can Benefit You
- Fight circulatory problems, normalise blood pressure and prevent heart disease
- Increase energy and activity levels
- Detox the body and strengthen the immune system
- Clear up skin problems, slow down the skin’s aging process and promote healthy hair
- Cleanse the major organs of the body including the heart, lungs and liver
- Eliminate hardened mucous, and solidified faecal matter
- Fight common ailments and allergies
Wheatgrass is best consumed as a juice and in order to retain all of the life-enhancing nutrients it should be freshly squeezed. Some mechanical juicers are not suitable for squeezing juice from wheatgrass because they spin too fast and oxidise the nutrients.. You need either a hand juicer like the Weston Wheatgrass Juicer or a twin gear juicer like the Super Angel which operates at slow speeds by pressing the produce between two interlocking roller gears. These are as good for juicing wheatgrass as they are for all types of general juicing.
Fresh wheatgrass can be difficult to get hold of but luckily, it is relatively easy to grow your own and in another Infobarrel article called How to Grow Your Own Wheatgrass , I explain how to do it. So now that you have been introduced to wheatgrass as the miracle cure, it is time to get out there and start your regime of a glass per day.