Why Buy a Refurbished iPhone
A refurbished iPhone is a popular choice amongst people who don't want to pay the full price of a brand new one but someone who still wants to experience all the features and benefits of a new one. Buying a refurbished iPhone is definitely a smart choice. What most people don't realize is that a lot of refurbished iPhones are good as new. Often times, people will return their iPhones not because of a particular defect with the product but because they changed their minds about a certain aesthetic. For example, the customer didn't like the color they chose. Other times, the iPhone may have a few dents or scratches but these minor defects have no affect on the performance of the iPhone. There are also cases where the iPhone is returned because most major retail stores offer a 30 day money back guarantee on their products and there are customers who will take advantage of this policy. Although many people believe that refurbished iPhones are cheap and prone to breaking easily because of its usually shorter warranties, most have nothing wrong with them and work as well as a brand new one.
Where Can I Buy a Refurbished iPhone
1. Amazon is the world's biggest and most trusted retailer in the world. They sell refurbished iPhone 4 and iPhone 3G. You can also buy them new or used. Every shopper is protected by Amazon's A-to-z safe buying guarantee which protects customers from the condition of the product and the timely delivery of the product.
2. AT&T, Verizon and Sprint are currently all carrying the iPhone 4s. If you check out their online websites or stores, they will often have refurbished iPhones for sale.
3. Apple often provides special deals which are limited time offers. Although, it's mostly for the sale of refurbished iPods, iPads and Macs, occasionally they will sell refurbished iPhones. Make sure to type in special deals in the search engine that is provided on their site.
4. Gamestop provides a wide range of refurbished iPhones, iPads and iPods. They offer great prices and considering that there are over 400 Gamestop stores in the US alone, they are nothing to at. In addition to apple products, Gamestop offers numerous used video game titles.
5. Ebay and Craigslist are the most dominant websites that connect people who want to sell or buy. You can simply type "refurbished iPhone" in to their search engines and receive hundreds if not thousands of offers. One thing to keep in mind when buying products from these sites is to always be cautious. Make sure to check the ratings of the seller on Ebay and for Craigslist I would always suggest testing out the device before forking over the cash.
Things to Consider
If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. Scammers who lurk on the internet will often offer refurbished iPhones at ridiculously low prices. Always be suspicious of these advertisements and make sure to stick to big retailers if you can.
Getting a warranty on your refurbished iPhone is always a smart idea. Even though most refurbished iPhones are as good as new, every now and then there is inevitably a defective device in the mix. If you are one of the few unlucky ones, a warranty will come in handy and save you a lot of money and headache down the road.
Google is your friend! I've only written the best and most safe places to get a refurbished iPhone, but if you feel like you need more options, you can always Google "refurbished iPhone" in to the search engine and search for yourself!