People get insurance to compensate for unexpected injuries and costs due to accidents. Some policy-holders even choose the most comprehensive type of coverage to protect their finances in case unfortunate things happen. However, many clients are not aware that insurance companies will find every possible way to avoid paying compensation. If they have no choice but to compensate for the damages of their client, their goal is to reduce the payment to its lowest amount.
If the insurance company succeeds in reducing the amount of compensation, the client would need to pay the remaining expenses. If you do not want this to happen, there is still a solution â hire an insurance adjuster.
Insurance adjusters are experts when it comes to calculating damages and compensation amounts. Having an experienced insurance adjuster on your side will work wonders for your settlement account. Here are some of the things an insurance adjuster can do:
- Analyzing of information regarding insurance claims â Adjusters are experts when it comes to data gathering and analysis.
- Conducting interviews with different parties and individuals â Insurance adjusters always identify the sides of both parties.
- Inspecting property damages and the cost of medical injuries â He will make sure that all your damages will be compensated.
- Insurance adjusters determine if a claim is valid or not â If he discovers that the claim is not valid or has no basis in your policy, he may advise you to discontinue the claim.
- Providing of testimonies in court in case the insurance company refused to pay compensation â In case you need to go to court, your insurance adjuster can also represent you and provide valuable statements in the court.
- Negotiating with the insurer towards a settlement â If it is impossible to get the entire compensation, the adjuster will find a way to obtain any amount of payment for his client.
Most of the time, clients are the ones who seek help from insurance adjusters. However, there are also a few companies that hire freelance adjusters for settlement cases. If you want to find the best insurance adjuster, here are some things you need to do:
- Conduct a research on the Internet.
- Ask questions regarding past cases and settlements.
- Call your state insurance office.
- Contact the NAPIA or the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
Getting an insurance adjuster for your settlement claim is a crucial move if you want to get the right amount of compensation from your insurance company. Once they find out that you hired an adjuster, they would do anything in their power to avoid paying you. In this case, you just need to be determined to pursue the claim, and confident that your adjuster can do it for you.
This article is not meant to be interpreted as a legal advice. To know the available legal options regarding your case, consult a Personal Injury Lawyer for more information.