There are hundreds of note-taking apps on the market. From the simplest ones like Apple Notes, to complex expensive business solutions, it’s hard to tell what the best option is. Often we don’t like our note app, but we’re too inundated with choices to try something different.
I’d like to share with you a program I’ve found that will solve the note-taking dilemma for many people. It’s wildly popular – as of one year ago, it had 25 million users. This program is Evernote.
Evernote has been a leading note app for years, and for good reason. Here are just a few of the awesome features of this app:
- Simplicity. Evernote is simple to use and navigate. If you’ve never used it before, it’s very easy to get the hang of it. The interface is straightforward, main buttons are easy to find, and you can operate it quickly and efficiently.
- Sync. Evernote automatically syncs between your PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, tablet, and whatever platform you may have. You can create a note on your iPad and seconds later view it on your PC. I absolutely love this feature, and it’s a big reason I use Evernote.
- Cost. And by cost I mean $0. With all its power and functionality, Evernote could easily charge – and many people, including me, would happily pay. But the free version of Evernote is so complete, many people will be just fine with that.
- Premium. There is a paid option with Evernote, called Evernote Premium. It’s priced at $5/month or $45/year. It offers you 1GB of uploads per month (free version allows 60MB/month – this has been fine for my text-only use), more advanced search options, and offline notes on mobile devices. As of last year, Evernote had 1 million Premium users.
- Notebooks. Evernote’s notebooks are an easy way to categorize your notes. You can make a new notebook for anything and have your own file with notes on that topic.
- Note options. When you make a new note, you can put just about anything in it. Evernote offers complete rich text formatting, so you can make your notes look nice. Tables, checkboxes, and hyperlinks are just a few more features. You can also import pictures, PDFs, and other forms of content. If you want to attach a file to a note, you can attach any file you want. Evernote is for filing anything and everything.
- Compatibility. Evernote is so popular that developers are constantly making new things to go with it. I use the Evernote web clipper, a handy Chrome plugin that lets you save any web content directly to Evernote. There’s an Evernote Moleskine notebook (link below), a web browser designed for use with Evernote, and hundreds of apps to make your Evernote experience more productive. There are even cameras and scanners that allow you to send images directly to Evernote.
- Support. There are a lot of resources out there for Evernote users. If you’re just getting started with Evernote, I recommend checking out a book on Evernote that will get you up and running very quickly (links at end of article). If you need a question answered, Evernote has good support on their website.
- Gear. If you can’t tell, I’m a pretty big fan of Evernote. So when I saw they sold t-shirts, stickers, and other cool stuff, I couldn’t help but want some. Unfortunately, my size of t-shirt is currently sold out, but you can be sure I’ll be checking back soon.
So there you have it, 9 awesome things about my favorite note-taking app. With its great features and the resulting popularity, why not give Evernote a try?
The 2 Hour Guide to Evernote
Amazon Price: Buy Now
(price as of Dec 20, 2015)
The Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook
Amazon Price: $24.95 $14.99 Buy Now
(price as of Dec 20, 2015)