Why Loving Yourself First is Important
Find out how to move on with your life and learn how to love yourself.
Loving yourself first is really important as well as a key to bringing happiness to yourself. You must care and think positively about yourself first and foremost so that you can improve yourself as a person. This is not an act of selfishness, this is a common sense. It's very healthy for you to love yourself first before you love someone else. It will help you stay stronger and live your life well. It also will help you be ready for and develop a healthy relationship with someone else. The higher self-esteem you have, the more ready you are for a relationship or to date.
Knowing that someone who you truly love doesn't love you back can be extremely difficult for you to accept. While it is very understandable to feel hurt, there isn't much you can do about it. In order for you to move on, you would have to accept what you can't change. It would be as though you are trying to convince that person to love you back, which would never happen.
As hard as it is, you just have to stop investing your time and energy in that person and start focusing yourself instead. The more you focus on yourself, the more you love yourself. It won't happen overnight but will take time as you are slowly forgetting that person or recovering from the bad break up. If you are hoping that they will come to their sense and will come back to you, you are seriously deluded. You must make yourself see the reality for what it really is. It doesn't matter how nice or good-looking you are, if they don't love you, they don't love you period. It just is what it is.
To love someone, you have to love them for loving you, not the person you can't have. Love is not about burning fire in the belly or walking along the beach at sunset, it's about making a commitment to each other as a couple, it's about accepting each other's imperfections, and it's about the mutual respect. That is a true love. If you can't have that with someone else, he or she isn't the one for you. The type of relationship that you usually see in a Hollywood movie just doesn't exist.
The more you love yourself, the more chances you have of finding someone that will respect you. Stop looking for love and start discovering yourself. Love has to find you. Always keep this quote in mind for yourself, "If you don't respect yourself, no one will respect you." That says a lot. Men love when women love and respect themselves and vice verse. If you can't love yourself, how can you expect anyone to love you? Think about it!
Here is the list of how to love yourself:
1. Your health is more important. Which one is more important to you? Oxygen or the love of your life?
2. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "You are so much more worth than anything in the world."
3. Find your hobby.
4. Hang out with your friends and/or family.
5. Go out for the night with your friends.
6. Say the words to yourself, "Yes, I love myself. I love me more than anyone."
7. Never lower your standards to settle for less than you deserve.
8. Listen to your family members (specifically your parents) for advice because they are the only ones in this world that care about you.
9. Don't be desperate. You will never find someone who loves you the way you deserve to be loved.
10. Have self-respect.
11. Make sure to value yourself as a person.
12. Believe in yourself.
13. Be grateful for what you have.
14. Accept that you can't have everything you want.
15. Be realistic about life and love.
16. Only you can make yourself happy. Don't depend on someone else for your happiness.
17. Be strong.
18. Take care of yourself.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment here. I will be happy to help you with your questions.