Why should we pray
Praying is not only important but very important in our daily lives. Many will surely agree while others may disagree on what I am saying but we can’t deny that it is true. Praying is the best way in talking to God. When we pray or talk to God we feel secure and at ease. We believe that whatever we do, we will be far from committing mistakes because we already ask for His guidance. For me, as a true Christian, praying is part of my daily life. I believe that it is my duty to pray everyday not only once but for every chance I get. When there are big decisions that I want to make, I even set a devotional prayer which last for a month. I believe that we should not get tired of praying because our Almighty God does not also get tired in helping us. He is so good and great that He continues to help us and shower us with many blessings. If you are guilty of neglecting your prayers, I have elaborated some reasons why I think we should pray.
Reasons Why We Pray
How Often Should We Pray
- We pray to thank our Father Almighty for all the blessings and protection He is giving us.
- We pray to ask for forgiveness of our sins because as human beings, we are always committing sins.
- We pray for our family.
- We pray to ease our sufferings.
- We pray for our good health.
- We pray for our parents.
- We pray for our siblings.
- We pray for our husband or wife.
- We pray for our children.
- We pray for our friends.
- We pray for our work or school.
- We pray before we travel.
- We pray when we are sad.
- We pray when we are happy.
- We pray because we want to ask for His guidance.
- We pray when there is a big event happening.
- We pray because we have troubles.
- We pray because we have sufferings.
- We pray for our hardships or burdens.
- We pray for our shelter.
- We pray for food.
- We pray for our neighbors.
- We pray for our country.
- We pray for our enemies.
- When we have illness, we pray to ask for healing not only for our physical condition but mostly for our spiritual condition.
Whatever reasons we have when we pray, we should not forget to thank God for all the blessings He had given us especially the life that he continued to lend us.
When Should We Pray?
- We should pray when we wake up in the morning, before we do anything. We should thank Him for giving us another life and protecting us while we are sleeping.
- We should pray before we eat a meal.
- If we are going somewhere, we should pray before we leave our house to ask protection from any dangers.
- Before we go to sleep, we should pray to thank the Lord for protecting us the whole day and to ask Him again to watch over us while we are sleeping.
Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli
The Power of Prayers
I just want to share a story of a girl that I have read and how The Power of Prayers protects her. Maybe some of you have already read this story but for some who do not know this story, here it is:
There are many other stories like this which enumerates the power of prayers and why praying is really important for all of us. Stories that sometimes when you heard it, will give you goosebumps and will serve as an inspiration. And I know that all of us have our own stories of How The Power of Prayers helped us in miraculous ways.
Let Me Share My Own Experience
While praying is already part of my life, there is one instance I cannot forget which happened when I was still a child. My mother and I was about to go to our province. The night before our departure, I was very sleepy and tired that I had fallen asleep without whispering any prayer. My sister wakes me up and told me to pray first before going to sleep because, aside from it was already embedded in our young minds to pray before going to sleep, my mother and I will be leaving in the morning. Since I was just a child then, I am too lazy to get up again and so I fell asleep without praying. The morning arrived; my mother and I rode a bus. I was really happy because I was on a trip with my mother and I will be able to meet some of our relatives on the province. Our transportation allowance is only enough for one person. Since I am still young, my mother thought that my transportation is free. Unfortunately, the bus conductor told my mother that I have to pay the minimum fare. My mother had no choice but to leave me, I know that she is hurting when she saw me crying because I really wanted to go and I know that she really wanted me to come with her. But since our money is not enough for the two of us, she had no choice but to leave me. At that very moment, I realized what I have done. If only I could turn back the time and whisper even a little prayer maybe that would make a big difference. I was hurt not only for myself but also for my mother who wanted to me accompany her on that journey. Since then, I had never forgotten to pray. I already learned my lesson. Praying is really that important.
Praying is important in our daily lives. Praying is the most powerful tool you will have to fight for any burden, troubles, sufferings and illnesses we may have. Praying is not only done when you are not in good condition but mostly when you are blessed because you have many reasons to thank God. Whatever our religion is and whatever our belief is we must pray because we believe that there is Someone up there who is more powerful than anyone else. Whatever your reason is, God is always ready to listen.