Many people are under the misconception that DIY paint jobs are good
ways to save money. If you're one of them, you probably feel that hiring
a professional is an extravagant expense that you'd like to avoid. Even
if you take the plunge and decide to hire someone else to paint your
home, you might choose a student painter to save a little cash. The
reality is that hiring a professional, experienced painter is always the
most cost-effective and efficient way to go; several of the key
advantages of hiring a quality painting contractor are outlined below.
The Top Reasons to Hire A Professional Painter
- They Know What They're Doing - When you invest in proper painting services, you're also investing in experience and talent. Even if you spend hours researching online, it's easy to mistakenly use the wrong kind of paint in your home. As a result, your paint job could chip, fade and peel within a short period of time. A good painter knows how to choose the best paint for the job, and their work will stand the test of time.
- They Are Insured - Most quality painting companies are insured; coverage for any losses that occur is included when you hire them. If you inadvertently spill primer on your hardwood floor, you're going to have to pay to clean it up; in the unlikely event that a professional painter makes such a snafu, his insurance policy should cover it.
- They Provide Quality Painting Services - On paper, it may look expensive to hire a good painter. In actuality, though, their work is bound to last much longer than your efforts would. Since you can go longer between paint jobs, you'll actually end up spending less money over the long haul - and their paint job is likely to continue looking phenomenal, even many years down the line.
- They Understand Health and Safety Issues - Inexperienced homeowners routinely fall from ladders and otherwise injure themselves while painting their homes; a proper painting contractor knows how to do such work in a safe and cautious manner. Older homes often have layers of lead-based paints that can pose significant health risks; an experienced, good painter knows how to take the proper precautions in order to protect themselves. Why put your health and well-being at risk, when you can let a pro handle things for you?
- They Offer a Warranty for Their Work - A professional painting contractor usually offers some sort of warranty or guarantee for the work that they perform, which can protect you in case their paint job doesn't hold up well for one reason or another. If your own efforts don't pan out, you can't fall back on any similar guarantee - you have to start from scratch, or hire a good painter after all.
- They Are Efficient and Clean - It's easy to make a terrible mess when painting, especially when you aren't used to doing it. A proper painting company is efficient and tidy, and won't produce an enormous mess while they work.
- Their Prep-Work is First Rate - Every good painter knows that prep-work is half the battle. The pros get everything ready so that their work is spot-on and efficient. They've done this hundreds of times and have it down to an absolute science.
- They Clean Up and Dispose of the Mess For You - Finally, one of the biggest letdowns involved in doing your own painting is having to clean up your own mess. It's worth it to hire a quality painting contractor, especially since they clean everything up and dispose of whatever is left for you. They do leave one thing behind: a stunning paint job.