Login
Password

Forgot your password?

Why you should naturally lower your cholesterol with Vitamin E

By Edited May 11, 2014 0 0

Millions of us have been diagnosed with high cholesterol. High cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease but is a risk factor for potential heart attacks, or myocardial infarctions, as well as stroke. The leading cause of death in the U.S. for both men and women is cardiovascular disease. Faced with taking medication for the remainder of your life isn't a popular prospect for any of us. The good news is certain types of vitamin E have been shown in studies to lower the bodies production of cholesterol naturally. That coupled with a sensible diet and exercise program may be able to keep you off cholesterol medications.

There are two separate forms of cholesterol. LDL or low density lipoprotein is the primary cholesterol carrier in your blood. The second form is HDL or high density lipoprotein. HDL's job is to carry cholesterol back from the arteries to your liver where any excess is excreted out of the body. The problem comes when there is to much LDL and it begins to form plaque and deposit its self around your arterial walls. This condition is called atherosclerosis. This could eventually cause arterial blockage and lead to heart attack or stroke.

Your body makes around 80% of your cholesterol and gets the remaining 20% from the food you eat. The amount of cholesterol your body produces is, in part, determined by what we eat. I am specifically talking about carbohydrates. If you eat more carbs than needed you cause more insulin to be produced to handle it. This in turn tells your body to produce more cholesterol. It is important to keep your LDL at levels that promote a long healthy life, so we need to do one of two things. We need to reduce the amount of cholesterol in our blood stream or we need to reduce the amount of cholesterol our body manufactures. Vitamin E helps to lower the bodies cholesterol by causing it to produce less. Gamma tocotrienols have been scientifically shown to lower the amount total cholesterol primarily by lowering the LDL or bad cholesterol that the body produces. This is a great weapon is your arsenal.

Not all vitamin E types are created equal however. There are two separate forms with four types each. Alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocopherol and alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocotrienol. The most prevalent type is dl-alpha-tocopherol and multiple studies have shown that it has little to no effect on blood cholesterol levels. Tocotrienols, especially gamma-tocotrienol have powerful and positive effects on those levels.

Cholesterol is one of the earliest components if not the first component that a blood test was devised for. The money spent on drugs to lower cholesterol runs into the billions but are these drugs safe? There are conflicting reports on that topic that I won't get into here. These drugs also have tremendous negative side effects in some users including muscle pain, nausea, flu like symptoms and extreme tiredness. These are not things that come high on my list to experience each day.

What isn't in conflict is that people with lower cholesterol have less incident of heart disease. Through diet, exercise, and supplements you can lower your cholesterol. You owe it to yourself to investigate your options and seek natural alternatives for your health. Gamma-tocotrienol should be one of those alternatives.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Comments

Add a new comment - No HTML
You must be logged in and verified to post a comment. Please log in or sign up to comment.

Explore InfoBarrel

Auto Business & Money Entertainment Environment Health History Home & Garden InfoBarrel University Lifestyle Sports Technology Travel & Places
© Copyright 2008 - 2016 by Hinzie Media Inc. Terms of Service Privacy Policy XML Sitemap

Follow IB Health