Over the past five years, blogging has practically taken over the internet. Everyone has one, and you can blog about literally anything that takes your fancy.
Many companies use a blog for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), because new content is going to bring in readers. Plus, regular blogs show potential customers that your website is up-to-date and fresh. Think of it this way, a customer isn't going to think much of you or your brand if the website was last edited March 2008, however, even if no actual content on your website has changed, a blog still shows your dedication to what you do.
Writing a blog allows you to step out of that business frame of mind, and makes you more approachable and "human" to your clients. If people feel like they know you, they will be more likely to trust you. Plus, they'll feel more confident to ask you questions about what you do.
- Promoting things that your company is up to and/or have done, including charity work
- Promoting product launches
- Debating issues relevant to your business and the area that your business is in
- Launching competitions/giveaways etc
- Set up a blog on a platform that suits you and your business' individual needs
- Give your new blog the look and feel that suits your business, truly representing its personality, because that's what blogging is all about; giving your business a persona.
- Keep it up-to-date with relevant information that your readers will need
- Make sure that your blog is promoted across all forms of Social Media.