The Wigwam corporation has been making socks in Sheboygan Wisconsin. back in 1905. they become committed to making the best socks possible.
Most people don't think much about socks. The Wigwam corporation takes lots of time and puts lots of thought into how their socks are made. As a result of this, sock technology has been taken to the next level.
What impresses me about Wigwam socks is their moisture control system. Moisture needs to be controlled. Prolonged exposure to moisture will cause a variety of problems for your feet and will ruin any activity that you engage in. I actually have had socks freeze during extreme cold because my feet sweated and then became cold. The Ulitimax Moisture Control System, developed back in the 1990's, this system transports moisture away from your skin to the outside of the sock where it can be easily evaporated.
The Wigwam corporation makes so many different kinds of socks that it would be impossible to describe them all. Here is a list and short description of a few of the Wigwam Men's Outdoor line of socks.
- Crew Lite Hiker Pro Crew, this crew length sock rises up to mid calf and is available in 4 sizes and 6 colors. This sock repels moisture using the Dri Release technology. They are also comfortable and will prevent blisters.
- Hiking Outdoor Pro Crew, this crew length socks rises up to mid calf and is available in 8 sizes and 5 colors. This sock is the perfect sock for all kinds of hiking and will stay up and not sag or bunch on you. This sock also has moisture wicking x2O acrylic.
- Pack Horse Pro Crew, this comfortably thick sock comes in 3 sizes and 1 color. This sock is another one that blends all of the attributes that a sock needs in order to make your outdoor experience comfortable. It will keep you warm, dry and prevent blisters.
- Everyday Fusion Crew, this crew length sock rises half way up the calf that comes in 2 sizes and 4 colors. This sock and liner combination is meant to be worn as an everyday sock. The soft Merino wool makes this possible.
- Base Camp Fusion Knee, this knee-length sock rises to the knee and is available in 3 sizes and 4 colors. This sock blends the attributes of a liner and a sock and is recommended for use with waterproof and breathable boots.
- Quest Pro Knee, this knee-length sock rises to the knee and is available in 1 size and 2 colors. This is another one of those socks that has everything that any outdoorsman can ask out of a sock. It will not let your feet get wet or cold. Combine all of this with the comfort of Merino wool and you have the Quest Pro Knee.
- Dry Foot Liner, this knee length sock rises to the knee and comes in 1 size and 2 colors. This liner is composed of 91 % polypropylene. This sock is meant to be used as a liner.
- Silver Mountain Pro Knee, this knee-length sock rises to the knee and is available in 3 sizes and 2 colors. With 55% X2O acrylic and 15 % stretch nylon, this sock will be the only sock you will ever need for your outdoor sports
The problem that I see with the way that most socks are made is that not much, if any, thought is put into them. The Wigwam corporation has been making socks for over a century that has changed this mindset. Their socks will not only keep your feet warm, but they will also keep them dry as well as prevent blisters. Every outdoorsman from the hunter, hiker or even the weekend warrior needs to use these socks.