If you don't currently own an Xbox 360, but you're interested in the Kinect, you are probably looking for a Xbox 360 Kinect bundle. What is the bundle? Well, at the very least, an Xbox 360 Kinect bundle will include the Xbox 360, the Kinect senor, and a game. The nice thing about these bundles is that you usually will get a better price than if you were to purchase these products individually. Also, it's pretty convenient to have the Kinect available to play, right when you take home your new Xbox 360.
What are the different bundles available?
As of right now, there are only two Xbox 360 bundles that include the Kinect. The first one is the 4GB model.
Of the two bundles, this one is the least expensive due to its smaller hard drive capacity (4GB). You'll find the product features below, for this bundle (descriptions are courtesy of Amazon.com):
- Kinect Sensor: The Kinect sensor utilizes revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. With Kinect Xbox 360 now has the best controller ever made – YOU.
- Built-in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built-in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Stream HD movies and TV or download games from Xbox LIVE in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
- Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a world of entertainment to you. Instantly watch movies and TV streaming from Netflix. In crystal-clear HD, or download game add-ons like new levels, characters, maps and songs. Easily jump right into online multiplayer fun and play along with friends around the world. Plus, get your favorite music from Last.fm, connect with friends on Facebook® and post Tweets on Twitter. Xbox LIVE is your connection to more games, entertainment and fun.
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black): This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
- More ports: Connect more accessories and storage solutions with added USB ports. Now with a total of 5, (3 back/2 front) you’ll find more places to plug and play. Plus, in addition to the standard Ethernet port and HDMI output, we’ve added an integrated optical audio out port for an easier connection to the booming sound of your A/V receiver.
- Kinect Adventures game: Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses and dive into the deep to explore a leaky underwater observatory — all from your living room. With Kinect Adventures, you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations. Rated “E” for Everyone.
The primary difference between the above 4GB bundle and the second bundle is capacity - the second bundle has 250 GB.
Which Bundle Do I Really Need? 4 GB vs. 250 GB?
This really depends on what you intend to do with the system. If you have the money and don't want to worry about having space for downloads, etc., you should go with with the 250 GB model, and it will be all you ever need (until the next generation of gaming comes out, of course!).
Some people opt to go with the 4GB model over the 250GB model not only because of price, but because Xbox 360 now supports game saves/installs/downloads to USB flash drives. If you're using USB flash drives, you may only need the 4GB model.