If you are reading this then you are ready to look at advertising your business. A lot of the methods I will cover will be free ones. Advertising your online business for free is very possible and very real. There are many paid methods for advertising but the way i see it is if you experiment with the free methods and you get great results you can either go to the next level or see if the paid level would be equally successful.
Every business large or small, online or offline requires using some sort of advertising, so all those potential customers know what you are offering, how they can get to you and what you are about. Unlike large businesses we don’t have a funding budget set aside merely for advertising. Every penny we make has to work twice as hard and even though it would be nice to be able to dip into an advertising money jar when needed, I have found that, looking for ways to advertise for free, tend to make you think outside the box.
Have a Good Read
Spend some money on purchasing literature to expand your knowledge about advertising and how other well known business entrepreneurs made their fortunes are great reads. Its good to have a small selection of books whether its on your niche, or more focused like advertising methods it all helps you with your online business. I have brought books written by entrepreneurs or business tycoons. I favour the ones who made it from humble beginnings, those who had the same or even less than me because it puts that person in a perspective I can identify with. ‘If they can do it, I don’t see why I cannot’, thinking in that state of mind is very good for motivating yourself.
There are advertising techniques and services that can work and are not free to use like Google AdWords for example. Google AdWords is an advertising service where you pay to create an advert which contain your keywords. Then what happens is when someone uses the search engine and they type in something relevant to your AdWords ad, your AdWords ad will appear on the right hand side. At this point to hope that the user will click on your ads because it's what they are searching for.
Free advertising is a technique within it self, there are many free ways to advertise your business you merely have to be open minded, look at methods with fresh eyes and start thinking creatively. However just because you are focusing on your online business don't forget that you can still advertise offline. Many people do forget that there is still a world outside of the internet and people are there to be targeted, for these could be your potential customers.
6 Ways of getting targeted traffic to your Website / Blog for free
I wanted to provide you with a brief overview of some ways to get traffic to your business website or blog. Most of them I use or have used, so I am not talking about areas I have not experimented with myself. Ways of getting traffic to your website, is every website owners’ dream. Remember to experiment the methods, see what works best for our business.
The kind of visitors that you want is those who are already interested in what your business offers. Below are some of the ways to get targeted traffic to your website.
1. Search engine optimization . This should be first step that comes to mind when concerning traffic. Whichever way you put it, in the internet world, search engine rules. To be known around the internet world your business needs to be recognized by major search engines e.g.: Google, Yahoo. Your website needs to be optimized to gain an advantage in search engines.
2. RSS. Blogs and RSS feeds go hand in hand. Since more people are into blogs, website owners are finding that this has become a valuable tool in getting website traffic. Once you input RSS feeds into your blogs, expect a great number of targeted website traffic to come pouring into your site.
3. Freebies. We all love a freebie and so do your customers and potential customers. Consumers come running at the first sign of something free, but make sure it is relevant to your business.
4. Article marketing. When you write an article about your business as a whole, your industry sector or about a product or service and submit it to good pr article directories. The technique of article marketing is to write quality and informative articles that focus on your niche market. You will then see your website traffic increase and hopefully your profits too. Article marketing is an effective means of getting targeted visitors to your website; get your articles published on other people’s websites.
5. Classified Ads. Even though classified ads are usually associated with selling your unwanted wares, more and more businesses are using these spaces to promote their products and services.
6. Social networks. These places for business and for pleasure are expanding and changing the way we as business owners and customers interact with each other.
There are many places to out there to join like Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter and many more.
Whichever method(s) you choose to try remember to monitor your traffic results. What methods are you using for your business would love to share all your experiences.