Many interior decorators will tell you that a great way to enhance your home and yard décor is to place a water fountain in or outside your house. Whether it is an indoor or outdoor fountain the final look can be wonderful.
Indoor and outdoor water features are designed to add an extra touch of glamour to the surroundings. The feature's design should be impeccable and it should be manufactured of good quality to ensure the endurance and value of the fountain.
One of the popular choices among people is the lion head fountain. The lion head design can be placed anywhere in the environment either indoors or outdoors. It can come in various shapes, sizes and colors too. It is up to you to decide which color and type suits your place best and also fits within your budget.
Various types of lion head water fountains available today are:
- Marble: These fountains are made of marble or granite, materials that reflect the warm hues of a beautiful sunset. Usually, red or white marble is used. These fountains are quite popular among people due to their durability and unique designs. They can be used indoors as well as outdoors too. Generally, they range in price from $40 to $6,000 and above depending upon the fountain you choose.
- Lucerne Lion's Head Electric Fountain: These instill a relaxing atmosphere on a deck, balcony, garden or courtyard. A distinctive lion's head majestically spouts water into a tiered bowl before it cascades into the basin below. It is crafted out of lightweight and durable resin that will provide years of enjoyment. The price range of these range from $300 to $2,000 and up depending mostly upon their size and construction material.
Lion head fountains are usually installed outdoors for better function and appearance. The price range of these are higher ranging from $400 to $7,000 and above depending upon the features of the fountain selected.
Generally all the lion head shaped fountains are made up of marble or resin. Sometimes they are coated with brass and copper to give them a distinct look. These styles tend to be better investment pieces than other styles available in the market - of course the style of your home makes a huge difference too. They instill a royal look to a place, because the lion has been a symbol for power and royalty for centuries.
Before installing a lion head fountain in your house, always consult a plumber. He will be able to tell you the best place for installation or help you prepare for installation. Every fountain comes with various specifications including:
- what type of pump is required,
- where the connections are to be made in case of adding lights to the fountain,
- and the amount of space required for installation.
Proper pre-planning should be done so that you will enjoy your fountain for years to come.
Where Do You Buy These Things?
You can buy one for yourself by doing a meticulous search on the internet or by spending hours visiting all the local home and garden stores in your area. Look for discounted lion head fountains on eBay if you wish to save some money.
There are various online specialty sites that sell lion head water features along with related goods. A great place to start looking for ideas is Pinterest while eBay is likely a great place for finding very specific styles you may have trouble finding in regular stores.