Visit to Danang in Vietnam
Brief Overview about Danang
Danang is Vietnam’s fourth largest city and a deep seaport in Central Vietnam, located haftway between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. The city is famous for its ideal natural scenes with many great sightseeing.
My recent visit to this wonderful Island has made my vacations an experience of a lifetime. I would love to share a brief overview about Danang’s history, art and culture, and its major tourist attractions. Besides this, there are brief information about the city nightlife and the sports activities out there.
1. Hai Van Pass – Built during 15th century, this is a scenic pass on the road from Danang and Huáº¿, on the National Road in Vietnam.
2. Hoi An – This ancient town was once one of the most important trading ports in Southeast Asia but later succeeded by Danang as an important port in central Vietnam.
3. The Dien Hai Citadel -Built in 1813 and was formerly known as Dien Hai Fortress in the 12th year of Gia Long's reign by Da Nang's river.
4. The Linh Ung Pagoda- Built on the cliffs of Son Thuy Mountain, it overlooks the South China Sea and was considered a beautiful landscape of Danang.
5. Tuy Loan Communal House -Located 15 km southwest of Danang City, houses are used primarily to worship gods and deities.
Danang Art and Culture
1. Ho Chi Minh Museum - The biggest War Museum about Vietnamese Revolution against French and American forces in Danang.
2. Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture - The only museum in the world that exclusively displays a fine collection of artifacts of the great ancient Cham Empire.
3. Kim Bong Carpentry Village - One of the most famous craft villages in Vietnam, due to the exceptional skill of the local wood workers.
4. Tra Que Vegetable - Specializes in growing vegetables, many of which are used in traditional Vietnamese medicines.
5. The Cao Dai Temple -Representations of key religious figures including those of Buddhism, Christianity and Islam, the temple is the second largest in Vietnam.
1. Metro Cash & Carry - The most western shopping experience to be found in Da Nang.
2. Intimex Pastuer - One of the most popular stores in the City of Danang selling locally produced goods.
3. Zen Plaza- Proper western shopping mall providing everything from designer clothing to luxury goods.
4. Big C - Well-known hypermarket brand having full supermarket selling foodstuffs and clothing.
5. Con Market – This being the Danang's largest market, but is mainly a daytime affair.
Danang Nightlife1. Seventeen Saloon – This opened recently is a second venue which is much more laid back venue than its namesake in Saigon.
2. Bamboo Two Bar -Located on Bach Dang Street, this is possibly the best foreign focused bar in Da Nang.
3. Camel Club - This is pretty much Danang’s party central, if prefer loud music, expensive drinks and dancing.
4. Christie’s Cool Spot - The bar downstairs is where US war veterans hold forth about ongoing American politics vis-à-vis the American War in Vietnam.
5. Nep Cafe - This is an indie hang-out right across from Christie’s.
1. China Beach – Known as one of the finest beach in Danang.
2. Marble Mountains - Look around at the Amazing marble sculptors made up of five stone hills each filled with its own caves and grottoes.
3. Montgomerie Links- Enjoy playing golf at one of the best resort golf courses in Danang.
4. My Son Sanctuary - Culturally amazing place to visit, featuring the remains of the kingdom of Champa.
5. Ba Na Cable Car – Worth watching a great scenic view of the mountain, city, ocean from the longest cable car.
1. Take a fantastic jeep tour to the historic, religious and military sites through villages at Danang and Ha Van pass.
2. Taking a trip with Easy Riders in Hoi An and especially LEO to see parts of Danang.
3. Enjoy golf at Danang golf course which is the most beautiful and challenging golf course in Vietnam.
4. Watch Vietnamese people playing badminton as fast as tennis on your visit to Hoan Kiem or Lenin Park.
5. Witness some scenes of locals practicing Tai Chi, their oriental exercise-philosophy by the banks of Hoan Kiem Lake in Ha noi.