September 2012 InfoBarrel Contest
Rules & How to Win
To win this month's contest you must accumulate the most writing points. You accumulate writing points for every article you publish on InfoBarrel within the contest period. Points are given based on the length of your articles (see How do Points Work? below). Prizes will be given to the three highest point totals.
All articles must remain published on the site for them to count. Articles that are against InfoBarrel's terms of service or are poorly written may be removed from the site and thus will NOT count towards your writing points. If there is a tie, the user with the highest total word count during the contest period will be declared the winner.
Bonus Ad Share
As a bonus, writing points and articles written for October's editorial calendar will help you to increase your ad share on InfoBarrel for the following month. Each article submitted to our October Editorial Calendar will increase your ad share for next month by 1%, to a maximum of 5% (Note: articles must fit the topic they are submitted to or they will NOT count). Writing points increase your ad share by 5% when you pass 20 points, and another 5% when you pass 30 points, for a total writing points bonus of 10%. This allows you to increase your ad share for next month by a total of 15%!
By doing this, not only will you get the additional revenue share, your article may be featured on the front page of InfoBarrel and within your article's category!
- Member with the most points - $100USD Amazon.com gift card
- Member with the second most points - $50USD Amazon.com gift card
- Member with the third most points - $25USD Amazon.com gift card
- Achieve more than 30 points - 85% Adsense Share
- Achieve more than 20 points - 80% Adsense Share
For every eligible article published and submitted to our editorial calendar, receive an extra 1% ad share, up to a maximum of 5%.
How do Points Work?
- 1 Point - 500+ Words
- 2 Points - 800+ Words
- 5 Points - 1000+ words
You MUST submit your editorial themed articles by the end of September 30, 2012 for them to count. You can find the link to submit these articles in your InfoBarrel toolbar once you are logged in. Articles can be submitted to more than one topic, but will still only count as one submission.
Any questions, please email us via the Contact Us page.Notes:
- You MUST submit your articles to a relevant topic in the editorial calendar for them to count towards bonus ad share.
- All articles involved in the contest must remain on the site in order to qualify for the prizes. If articles are removed they will not be counted towards your point totals. If there is a tie, the writer with the most amount of words written will win.
- If you publish poorly written articles, or articles that are against the TOS of InfoBarrel and we are forced to unpublish some of your content, you may be subject to disqualifcation.