Log into InfoBarrel
Forgot your password?
Need an account?

IB4 Beta Release

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
414 posts
Member since Sep 28, 2013
shar-On said:
LPerry said:

My account settings are frozen. Clicking on the edit buttons does nothing. The top tool bar/ selection categories are also frozen.

I edited one of my articles and that worked okay. Some of my articles have an Adsense ad parked inside an Amazon module. Amazon product title, then Adsense, then Amazon product image/ description and buy button.

It's times like these when a sense of humor comes in handy.

 

Cannot edit anything  in account settings on my site either. Still have no record of earning even 1 cent since october.

I just logged in and found that this month I have earned 1 whole cent,  BUT no earning since october other than that.

140 posts
Member since Jun 30, 2014

Someone spammed a bunch of comments in a number of my articles. Will the delete comment button be returning? (Or is it maybe I'm just overlooking where it is now? I only see quote and flag options) Thanks.

444 posts
Member since Dec 31, 2014

I just got spammed on my latest article and used the "flag" button.

444 posts
Member since Dec 31, 2014

The stats for "views" and "reads" seem to be reversed. In my most recent articles the reads have been significantly higher than the views. (How can you read an article without viewing it?!)  In my most recent article I have 130+ views so far but over 1100 reads.

2,163 posts
Member since Jun 11, 2008
LPerry said:

My account settings are frozen. Clicking on the edit buttons does nothing. The top tool bar/ selection categories are also frozen.

I edited one of my articles and that worked okay. Some of my articles have an Adsense ad parked inside an Amazon module. Amazon product title, then Adsense, then Amazon product image/ description and buy button.

It's times like these when a sense of humor comes in handy.

 

The account settings have been fixed.

2,163 posts
Member since Jun 11, 2008
HLesley said:

The stats for "views" and "reads" seem to be reversed. In my most recent articles the reads have been significantly higher than the views. (How can you read an article without viewing it?!)  In my most recent article I have 130+ views so far but over 1100 reads.

Reads have been fixed.  We started recording partial reads but it was triggering a full read for every 5% reading increment.  There isn't really a way to turn back the reads on articles though (at least in anyway that works for all articles), so we'll have to make do with the numbers that are there.

2,411 posts
Member since Apr 14, 2010
admin said:
HLesley said:

The stats for "views" and "reads" seem to be reversed. In my most recent articles the reads have been significantly higher than the views. (How can you read an article without viewing it?!)  In my most recent article I have 130+ views so far but over 1100 reads.

Reads have been fixed.  We started recording partial reads but it was triggering a full read for every 5% reading increment.  There isn't really a way to turn back the reads on articles though (at least in anyway that works for all articles), so we'll have to make do with the numbers that are there.

Thanks for fixing problems as we notice them.  I appreciate your efforts to continue to improve IB 4.0.  Hopefully, it will continue to improve and things will be better in the coming years.

32 posts
Member since Sep 3, 2010

I do have a question (and I didn't want to start a whole new blog post for it).

Will we be able to put links into our articles eventually? As of right now you can click the "link" icon, but the window where you'd paste the link comes up blank. Whether this feature isn't coming back, or it will but is currently under repair, I'd really like to know so I can start planning future posts.

444 posts
Member since Dec 31, 2014

Will the feature articles and monthly competitions be reinstated any time soon?

2,163 posts
Member since Jun 11, 2008
Neal_Litherland said:

I do have a question (and I didn't want to start a whole new blog post for it).

Will we be able to put links into our articles eventually? As of right now you can click the "link" icon, but the window where you'd paste the link comes up blank. Whether this feature isn't coming back, or it will but is currently under repair, I'd really like to know so I can start planning future posts.

This one is fixed now.

I'm glad you put this in here actually.  I've been using this as a rolling bug report.  So if anyone finds more issues, please put them in here so we can address them all in the same place.

Thanks,
Kevin

1,618 posts
Member since Apr 19, 2010

The InfoBarrel Archive calendar is not working—it takes me to a page that says: "Not Found, The requested URL /archive.php was not found on this server. Apache Server at www.infobarrel.com Port 80"

444 posts
Member since Dec 31, 2014

Another bug: I don't seem to be able to delete draft articles.

32 posts
Member since Sep 3, 2010

Kevin,

If you're looking for other bugs, another one is that when you share new articles on social media (Facebook in particular) the preview just has a shot of the IB logo. Older articles, written before the changeover, still display pictures from the article itself (which tends to be a lot better for catching the audience's attention).

Wasn't sure what was up with this, but I thought I'd speak up on it.

Neal

1,982 posts
Member since Apr 13, 2011

My article RSS freed brings up a 404 error.

There doesn't appear to be a comments feed any longer. As I don't get emails when anyone replies to my posts, I now can't check.

Not being able to edit articles from the article itself is inconvenient to say the least.

The 'about me' section on the profile page is messed up and the links have gone.

And, once again. Income. There is no way to see the total impressions any longer, but income is down around 80%, and has been down ever since the attempt at automation last year. There still has been no updates regarding this, or Amazon. Yes, I am going on about income a lot but this is important, and given that IB stated that they are selling a lot of their ads for more than AdSense earns, why is it earning so much less? I will keep saying it until I get a response - income looks broken.

21 posts
Member since Mar 6, 2013

Thanks for saving Info Barrel guys, wink 

Much appreciated because it gives us a reason to write.

I presume the following glitches will eventually be resolved?

  1. No income statements for the past few months - frown
  2. No feature submission yet - frown
  3. Not being able to link articles to other IB ones undecided
2,592 posts
Member since Jan 13, 2010
mommymommymommy said:

When I click to "unsubscribe" to a forum thread that I no longer want to save, the pushpin goes gray and does not go away...the threads still appear on my list. On the old IB it would just disappear.

 

This is still not fixed.

21 posts
Member since Mar 6, 2013

Thanks for all that you are doing to give us all a better platform.

I am battling with linking my other articles to the text. Any ideas? thanks

3,128 posts
Member since Oct 18, 2009
Yindee said:

Thanks for saving Info Barrel guys, wink 

Much appreciated because it gives us a reason to write.

I presume the following glitches will eventually be resolved?

  1. No income statements for the past few months - frown
  2. No feature submission yet - frown
  3. Not being able to link articles to other IB ones undecided

#3 is fixed. I just verified it.

3,128 posts
Member since Oct 18, 2009

Links not working in signatures.

328 posts
Member since Nov 19, 2010

I see that this is posted at the top of the signature editor:

Signatures are little bios that go on your articles. They should be used to build your credibility for the topic you are writing about, not for promoting your blog or selling. All HTML will be stripped out before they are displayed to your readers.

I take this to mean we can no longer have links in our signatures?

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
© Copyright 2008 - 2017 by My Passion Media Inc. Terms of Service Privacy Policy XML Sitemap