TIME MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSES ~ Can They Save Your Life
Will a time management training course save your life? This might be an exaggeration but developing good time management skills may work wonders for you in so many ways.
Time management training courses can teach you:
- How to get things done
- How to keep motivated
- How to set and achieve your goals in life
- How to plan and work in a systematic manner so you're not doing everything at the last minute and risking missing deadlines or delivering rushed, shoddy work
- How to reduce stress by feeling organized and on top of your workload
- How to avoid procrastination and avoidance
- How to get all you need to get done in your 9 to 5 job so you can leave work on time and have a better family life
- How to deal with distractions
- How to manage very large projects effortlessly
- Improve your health by reducing stress and allowing more time in the day for exercise
So learning how to manage your time effectively has potentially enormous benefits. Why a time management training course? Won't a good book on productivity and getting things done do?
ELEMENTS OF GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSES
A good time management training course is likely to encompass all and maybe more of the following:
TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS BASICS
- What is time management?
- Why is time management important?
- What are the benefits of good time management skills?
TIME MANAGEMENT KEY ISSUES
- Why can't you manage your time properly
- Distractions : family, friends, workers, bosses, clients
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of direction
- Lack of prioritization
- Lack of planning
- Lack of organization
- Messy desk = messy mind
- Unnecessary tasks
- Non-productive meetings and interactions
- Perceived lack of time, busyness
- Email inbox overload
SETTING GOALS AND DETERMINING PRIORITIES
- Defining goals
- Defining your time available
- Considering your own personal motivation
- Defining goals and priorities for your team
- De-clogging your brain
TIME MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND TOOLS
- To Do lists
- Smart phones / computing devices
- Deletion (making a positive decision NOT to do something as it is not essential to the overall goal)
- Out-sourcing / other options
- What is crisis management
- Crisis management procedures
- Crisis management communication
- Crisis management response
THE BENEFITS OF TIME MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSES VS TRYING TO DO IT YOURSELF
On a time management skills course, you have a chance to leave the hustle and bustle of your 'real life' behind and spend a weekend or two fully concentrating on this key skill. You can interact with a time management expert trainer and ask them about your own personal experiences and real-world situations. You also get to hear from fellow course attendees about their issues and learn from their personal experiences.
OK, I SEE THE BENEFITS...NOW HOW DO I FIND A GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS TRAINING COURSE?
You could start with an online search. Another great place to start is at your local community college or university. Many places run summer or evening courses in time management skills.
Don't delay, don't procrastinate....join a time management training course and make the best use of your time, achieve your goals and feel like a stress-free productive goal getter!