Five things you should cut out of your diet now for better health
- Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil is a popular cooking oil and many people do not realise the hazardous health problems it brings with it. These hydrogenated oils are 100% unnatural and are not needed in anyone’s diet. This oil is highly toxic to the body so avoid it completely. Replace it with coconut oil, avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Sugar – Much has been made about the effects of sugar and how bad it is, but the facts are clear for all to see – sugar is toxic. Sugar comes with numerous effects which you may not even be aware of. Cut out all sugar’s and replace if you must with natural products like stevia plant and raw, unpasteurised honey.
- White Bread – White bread is loved by many and is the foundation of many people’s daily snacks. However, white bread is equally as toxic as the previous two to the body. It is packed with gluten, but more importantly it is basically bread made of sugar. It has the same effect on your body as sugar resulting in insulin spikes, mood swings, low energy and many more horrible nasties.
- Low Fat Products – The worst thing you can do when choosing things like yoghurts, milks and other food products (including meat!), is choose low/no fat. The process these products go through to remove the fat means they are highly processed. They lose nearly all of their nutritional value when the fat is removed and are virtually useless to the body. You will see no health benefits from choosing low-fat products so avoid them completely. Opt for full fat products to ensure you are getting the full nutritional benefits of the food/liquid you consume. Furthermore, these products are just left full of sugar after the fat removal process so they will wreak havoc with your insulin which is bad new all round. With meat, don’t buy extra lean beef mince for example, but buy full fat standard beef. For the best bang for your buck, go for organic-free range meat and poultry.
- Tap Water – Stop drinking tap water full stop! Tap water is seen as a healthy option when choosing water, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. OK, yes if you are blessed with the luxury of fresh, safe tap water then you should be grateful, but do not drink it and you will feel a whole lot better. Tap water is filled with chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride, which are good for killing bad bacteria. This is bad news for your stomach because these chemicals also kill all the good bacteria in your stomach. Chlorine is not natural and it is toxic to the body. For much better health cut out tap water and opt for fresh, filtered water or bottled water.