The following are the most frequently asked questions that seem to get asked over and over again. Before you email us, please make sure your question is not already answered in this list.
Writing and Editing
- I copied my article from MS Office and now that I've pasted it to InfoBarrel the formatting is broken. Why is this happening?
- I have an article posted on another site. I want to move it to InfoBarrel, is this allowed?
- The category I want to use isn't on Infobarrel, what do I do?
- How do I edit my article?
- Can I change the title of my article?
- What image formats are supported on InfoBarrel?
- How do I insert a picture into my post?
- How do add a signature?
- I've deleted images out of my article, but they are still showing up in the media panel below the article. How to I fully remove them?
- I submitted my article, why has it not gone live yet?
- After I post my article on InfoBarrel can I post it on my own blog or on other sites?
- What is pre-approved status and how do I get it?
- Do I have to apply for pre-approved status?
- I have more than 10 approved articles, why am I not pre-approved yet?
Google Adsense / Analytics
- How do I get a Google Adsense Account?
- Did I enter my Google Adsense account information correctly?
- I cannot see InfoBarrel.com within my Google Adsense account. What is going on?
- My ads aren't relevant to my content. Why is this?
- Is it possible to use Google Analytics with InfoBarrel?
- How do I refer people to InfoBarrel to get referral revenue?
- How do I find out if I have successfully referred anybody?
- I haven't received an email to verify my InfoBarrel account, what should I do?
- Where can I find my denied articles and draft articles?
- I've uploaded an avatar, but my image isn't changing. Why is this?
Writing and Editing
1. I copied my article from MS Office and now that I've pasted it to InfoBarrel the formatting is broken. Why is this happening?
MS Office and MS Word place their own HTML markup within their writing when you copy the article directly from a Word document. It is something that many web applications struggle with and is difficult to deal with.
The one solution we have found, is to paste your article in Notepad (a free application that comes with Windows) then copy the article from Notepad to InfoBarrel. This will remove all Word Markup and formatting that is causing issues.
2. I have an article posted on another site. I want to move it to InfoBarrel, is this allowed?
Provided you remove the article from any other sites where it may have been published we will accept this article. Make sure you have removed it prior to adding it to InfoBarrel otherwise it will be denied.
3. The category I want to use isn't on Infobarrel, what do I do?
We have multiple levels of categories, so you may have to dig around a bit to find the exact category, but if for some reason it doesn't exist please email us and if it is appropriate we will consider adding it.
4. How do I edit my article?
There are two ways you can edit your article.
1. Go to your article on InfoBarrel.com after logging in, and in the top right corner, underneath the search function you will see an 'edit this article' link. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can edit your article. If you are not pre-approved your article edit will go into the approval queue for quality control purposes.
2. The other way to edit your articles is to click the 'My Content' link in the Navigation bar. Under the 'Live Content' tab, find your article and click the edit button on the left. Again, if you are not pre-approved your edit will go into the approval queue for approval.
5. Can I change the title of my article?
Yes, you can change the title of your article on the edit page of your article.
6. What image formats are supported on InfoBarrel?
GIF, JPG, and PNG are the currently supported image formats.
7. How do I insert a picture into my post?
Watch the video on this page outlining how to spruce up your InfoBarrel articles to watch the step by step video outlining how to add images.
8. How do add a signature?
The signatures are located on your "My Account" page. On your My Account page you will see a set of tabs, click the Signatures tab. This will bring up a panel where you can add, edit or delete your signatures. Once you have created and saved your signature, you can attach it to your articles on the create or edit pages.
You can also create a signature on the fly when writing an article.
9. I've deleted images out of my article, but they are still showing up in the media panel below the article. How to I fully remove them?
To delete an image, first open up the edit page of the article. Second, you need to open up an existing or new text module to edit. On the right hand side of the text module edit window that pops up you will see two tabs, one for references and one for media, with the references panel showing. Click the media tab button.
Now that the media panel is visible you will see three sub-tabs, one for media attached to the article, one for media attached to your account and one to upload new media, with the article media showing.
1. I submitted my article, why has it not gone live yet?
If you have yet to meet the pre-approval criteria, your articles will be approved by a manager. While most articles are approved within 24 hours, we are only human and sometimes things can get a bit backed up. Allow slightly longer times for approval on weekends.
2. After I post my article on InfoBarrel can I post it on my own blog or on other sites?
No, once your article is published on InfoBarrel you are not allowed to publish it elsewhere. We want all of our content to be unique to InfoBarrel and not duplicated all over the web. If you are caught posting your content elsewhere, it will be removed and you risk being banned from InfoBarrel.
1. What is pre-approved status and how do I get it?
By contributing content to InfoBarrel you don't automatically qualify to earn pre-approved status. Pre-approved status is given to individuals who exhibit excellent writing skills, who are here to contribute for the greater good and not just for self serving purposes, and people who contribute content on a variety of topics. The minimum requirement to even come on our radar for being pre-approved are the following:
- 10 approved articles with minimal inappropriate content.
- Have been a member of InfoBarrel for at least 14 days.
- User's articles must not be for the sole purpose of promoting or building links to external sites. We want people to create quality content for the benefit of Infobarrel's readers.
- User's articles must be diversified and should not be based on a single subject, regurgitating similar materials.
- User must demonstrate a working knowledge of the English language and have not had any or very minimal denials due to bad English.
For a more in depth look at what it takes to become preapproved take a look at this page.
2. Do I have to apply for pre-approved status?
No, we have a system that automatically informs us of the members who are eligible for pre-approved status. There is no need to apply as we regularly review all accounts that meet the necessary requirements.
3. I have more than 10 approved articles, why am I not pre-approved yet?
While we appreciate your contributions, we are very selective on who receives pre-approved status. If you have been consistently approved and are writing on a variety of topics, keep publishing articles. If you maintain your consistency you will eventually become pre-approved once you've demonstrated your trustworthiness
Google Adsense / Analytics
1. How do I get a Google Adsense Account?
Visit http://www.google.com/adsense or read our article outlining How to Get a Google Adsense Publisher ID
2. Did I enter my Google Adsense account information correctly?
All Google Adsense ID's are manually reviewed to ensure they are put in correctly. If you have created a URL channel and are still not seeing impressions please contact us.
3. I cannot see InfoBarrel.com within my Google Adsense account. What is going on?
Unless you have setup a URL channel within your Google Adsense account, you will be unable to determine if your Adsense traffic is coming from InfoBarrel or another site. Visit this help page for exact instruction on setting up a Google Adsense URL Channel
4. My ads aren't relevant to my content. Why is this?
This could be for one of two reasons. One, Google may not have properly crawled your entire article yet and therefore doesn't have the proper data to build relevant ad blocks. Please allow 24-48 hours for Google to completely crawl your article. Two, there may not be any ads in Google's system that fit with your article so Google has chosen ads that fit with what it thinks InfoBarrel is about.
5. Is it possible to use Google Analytics with InfoBarrel?
Yes, once you have 10 articles published on InfoBarrel the option to add Google Analytics will be enabled. Once enabled, you will see an option to add it under the Advertising Profile tab on your 'My Account' page.
1. How do I refer people to InfoBarrel to get referral revenue?
You can find your affiliate link on the My Account page under the Referrals tab. Your link is formatted like 'http://www.infobarrel.com/signup.php?ref_id=#'. This is the link that you can give to your friends or post on your blog that will give you credit when your friends signup after clicking the link.
2. How do I find out if I have successfully referred anybody?
Once you are logged in, go to your 'My Account' page, under the Referrals tab you will see a list of all the members that you have referred to the site.
1. I haven't received an email to verify my InfoBarrel account. What should I do?
Some email providers initially put InfoBarrel emails into the spam folder or block them all together. Check your spam folder or contact your email provider to see if they have blocked InfoBarrel.com
If you still can't find the email, send us an email through the contact us form and we will manually verify it.
2. Where can I find my denied articles and draft articles?
For more information on finding your live/draft/and pending articles on Infobarrel take a look at How to Find Your Live, Draft, Denied, and Pending Articles on InfoBarrel.
3. I've uploaded an avatar, but my image isn't changing. Why is this?
Browsers cache the images downloaded on any page so that if they are required to download them again, the image is already on your computer. Sometimes when you upload a new avatar, the browser doesn't refresh the cached image stored on your computer. To force your browser to reload all the page and all the images (including your new avatar), you need to do what is called a hard refresh. This is done by pressing CTRL-F5 in your browser window when you are on the page you want to reload.